HELP no motherboard drivers!!

marasisa_88

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I need to install drivers on my new Asus motherboard but can't use the disk it came with because I would have to use command prompt to activate it and I'm not too good with CL. I've already uninstalled all the old motherboard drivers from the HD (BTW my HD doesn't show up in my BIOS either). So my question is how do I install all the motherboard drivers from support disk and why isn't my HD being detected by my BIOS?

Solution
also - might want to check the power cable to the HDD. do you hear the HDD spin up?

T_T, he should be able to see the HDD no matter what, BIOS update or not.. That hdd is a generic HDD, should be seen by everything.

Marasisa, when you say you HDD is not being detect by your bios, where in the BIOS are you going to check it?
Let's start with your HDD problem. If you're using a SATA HDD, try switching SATA ports. If you're using an IDE HDD, you may have to change a few settings in the BIOS, like IDE Legacy.

Next, install Windows (hopefully you've got Windows 7). Once the OS is installed, you can then pop in your motherboard disc, but I would only install the audio and network drivers. Anything else, you should get the latest versions from the manufacturer's website.

marasisa_88

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I've already tried switching SATA ports and making different settings in the BIOS like having the IDE option enabled and making sure auto detection was on. I have Windows Vista installed on the HDD and I'm using a retail boot disk I bought off of Ebay to try and start it but nothing comes up. I fear this is because my motherboard still does not detect the HDD.

rozz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
also - might want to check the power cable to the HDD. do you hear the HDD spin up?

T_T, he should be able to see the HDD no matter what, BIOS update or not.. That hdd is a generic HDD, should be seen by everything.

Marasisa, when you say you HDD is not being detect by your bios, where in the BIOS are you going to check it?

Solution

marasisa_88

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I am checking in the very first tab of the BIOS where it lists the PATA IDE ports and the SATA ports, there are six of them. At first I feared the ports weren't working, but I plugged the CD-Rom drive in the first port I had been using and it came up.

No I cannot hear the HDD spin up, I'm afraid it's not working anymore, although I don't know what I could've done to ruin it. I've checked all the cables they seem to work fine. I bought another HD, however I don't want to plug it in without being sure the one I have isn't shot.