Can't create new partition on SSD

I cannot create a new partition on a healthy SSD. In Disk Management, when trying to shrink the existing, healthy partition to create unallocated space for the new partition, I receive the Virtual Disk Manager error message, "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled, or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." The SSD is a Samsung 840 512GB installed to three partitions with Samsung's supplied cloning software under Windows 8 on a new Lenovo T530. The partition I want to shrink is 475GB with plenty of unused space. In setting up the SSD with Samsung's SSD Magician, the system changes I made were only to disable defrag but not "superfetch" (if that's relevant).
7 answers Last reply
More about create partition
  1. Is there an error number associated with the message you are getting?
  2. Is there an error number associated with the message you are getting?
  3. Is there an error number associated with the message you are getting?
  4. Kjwinden said:
    Is there an error number associated with the message you are getting?

No error number, although the text box is labeled Virtual Disk Manager...
  5. GOOGLED...its your disk degragger. Look at the first post in the forum here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/79241-virtual-disk-manager.html
  6. kjwinden,

this worked perfectly. I'm new to PC discussion forums, thanks for the great initiation!
  7. Select my thing as the best answer...people should know that I give at least decent advice sometime.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flash Media SSD Partition Samsung Storage