Deleted System Partition

tomshardwood

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
Hi, I bought an Intel 330 SSD, installed Windows 7 on it and saw a 100 mb drive partition. I got irritated because it always shows up on My Computer so I deleted and merged it. Now I want to reformat and reinstall the OS but whenever I do so the windows 7 installation doesn't recognize the drive and keeps asking for drivers. But now I know that the 100 mb partition is system reserved and keeps the drivers for the drive. But it also should have automatically hidden itself upon windows installation. So now how do I restore that 100 mb system reserved partition? Or should I just send it back to Intel?

TIA

Solution
No the boot files are installed when you install windows, ignore kylemills obvious spam software. Use your windows system disk to run a windows repair, if not then you just have to reinstall windows. If you send the disk to intel all they will do is send it back after asking WTF...and charging you the shipping fees.

Kjwinden

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
This is not what you want to hear, but you have to re-install windows.

The 100MB boot partition is essential to booting and DOES NOT AND WILL NEVER AUTOMATICALLY HIDE ITSELF. It doesnt on my partition manager, im sure it doesn't on alvine's partition manager, and I'd be willing to bet it doesnt hide itself on the persons partition manager who founded this website.

Next time leave your 100MB system partition alone.

tomshardwood

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
@kjwinden

I have, but I figured that those driver files that I deleted are from Intel, because the first time I hooked it up on my pc it already had those. So Intel is the one that put those there and what I want is to restore it back to its default factory settings. And if I don't have a way to do it myself, meaning I don't get help here, then sending it back would probably be the best option.

Kjwinden

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
No the boot files are installed when you install windows, ignore kylemills obvious spam software. Use your windows system disk to run a windows repair, if not then you just have to reinstall windows. If you send the disk to intel all they will do is send it back after asking WTF...and charging you the shipping fees.

Solution

tomshardwood

Distinguished
May 19, 2012

Ok thanks.