Specific Case needed

adamjseed

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am after a bit of a unique case. My new consultancy job means that I am away for a week at a time, normally in a hotel and I want to be able to take my PC with me so I can play some games to relax.

I want to keep cost down by using my current setup:
Asus ATX motherboard
Q6600 Quad core (775)
2x 2gb ram
OCZ Turbo SSD
Modular standard size PSU
Nvidia GTX280

So using these components I need to find a case, which is lightweight, and portable.

Couple of points:
You may of noticed I don’t have any DVD drives etc so would like a case which doesn't waste room with 10 DVD slots.
I have a large GFX card, which needs to fit in the case
I would also be up for spending a bit on getting a smaller motherboard if it meant the case could be smaller.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
I am thinking about http://www.ebuyer.com/product/242490

My next thought would be around monitors? Are there any ultra portable monitors?

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
silverstone sugo sg04-fh will be ideal in a mATX setup... other sugos are a little out of line with your travelling...
Thermaltake Armor A30 is also a good SFF case with good airflow...

adamjseed

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011

This was exactly the info I was after! Thanks Davcon

The Thermaltake A30 also looks interesting.

I think i will be getting a MATX motherboard to get one of these cool cases! Thanks everyone for your suggestons.

adamjseed

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Right I think im going for the SG04, it looks to have the best size while keeping room for the larger components I would need. The only thing I am concerned about is the CPU Fan. Currently im using the stock (intel) cooler for the q6600. Will the be sufficient? could anyone sugest a good fan for this case?

Thanks again

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
stock will be sufficient if you dont have any OC... the case has two 120mm fans as inlet so air inside the case will be pushed out through all gaps...

The fans which come with the sg04 are excellent ones... golf ball bladed fans like sharkoon silent eagles... highly efficient fans with low noise... i wouldnt change those fans...

It's 200mm wide so i'm pretty sure you could get a CM 212+ in there.(158.5mm tall).
Also XIGMATEK Gaia SD1283 - 120mm
ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa - 152mm