Cloning RAID-0 to single drive

ScottBreaux

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
I recently needed to upgrade my system that had two 80GB drives in a RAID-0 array for my operating system to a 1TB single drive. I used Acronis TrueImage to clone the array to the new drive, then removed the 2 small drives. At boot-up I get a blinking cursor, then "Insert Boot Disk" message. I am able to boot off of the CD that I created in Acronis, but not without it.

(The RAID was made using the onboard utility of my ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard.) In the BIOS if I try to disable the RAID for the SATA ports I get nothing, not even an option to enter the boot disk.

Any suggestions?

For a start, You can NOT clone a Raid0 to a single HDD, you may be able to migrate it as LONG as the migration will strip out the drivers that controll the HDD.

1) True clone is a direct sector-by-sector copy of the drive.
2) Your problem with BOOT is related to the driver installed in the operating system Vs the required driver need by the MB Chipset.

There is a Program that will MIGRATE a raid0 OS to a single drive.
SEE: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&rlz=1R2AURU_enUS500&spell=1&q=clone+Raid+0+to+single+drive&sa=X&ei=VBkcUdnzN-L40gGGz4GAAg&ved=0CCwQBSgA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42261806,d.dmg&fp=a0b2b19b545d2596&biw=1068&bih=822

I think it is in the more expensive version of Acronis

ScottBreaux

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Thank you for your quick reply. Can you recommend a software that could possibly migrate the operating system (& all the program files) to the fresh drive?

And also, is it then possible to configure the Windows XP boot driver to only look for one drive?

ScottBreaux

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
I decided and to go ahead and make another RAID-0 with 2 larger Raptor drives. All was going well, but over the last couple of days, I have been having problems with programs having "Missing License" files and am unable to restore from backup.

I think it is time to break down and get my machine to a knowledgeable professional. :(