Sign in with
Your question

$5000 budget New Build

Last response: in Systems
November 3, 2010 1:59:23 PM

Hi ive been a huge gamer and im looking to build a nice computer before diablo 3 comes out which will prolly be in about 6 months. I have about $300 i can spend out of my weekly paycheck sometimes more depending on overtime and it being close to the holidays i usally have an xtra 100-200$ in overtime. So im am looking at buying a computer peice by peice with every paycheck. I want to play diablo 3 on it so my build does not have to be done untill than. I want somthing thats fairly easy to overclock. Here are the games ill be running. Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Im a Big Intel fan so i wanna try and stay away from AMD. I also wanna keep my color theme Black and Blue. My budget is around $5000 depending on when D3 is released. So please give me some good info on when stuff is comming out i can wait to buy stuff if its comming out soon.

Mouse -
Keyboard -
Monitor -
Motherboard-
Video Card-
Memory -
Power Supply -
Hard Drive -
Prossesor -
CD Rom-
DVD/CD/RW -
Case -
Headset -
Sound Card ( dont know if i need one or not )

More about : 5000 budget build

November 3, 2010 2:25:14 PM

Your best bet will be to save that money until they set a release date for diablo 3. Then you will be able to purchase the latest components. Purchasing components piece by piece is usually a bad idea.

I know that the new nvidia 500 series cards are coming out next year and the new intel sandy bridge processors are going to be released in the first quarter on 2011
November 3, 2010 3:47:00 PM

+1 /\ never purchase piece by piece!!! With Sandybridge and Bulldozer around the corner, it would be a HUGE mistake.

You also miss out on combos and special deals.
Related resources
November 3, 2010 3:56:33 PM

Yes, save your money, do not get it piece by piece. But anyway, for the mouse and keyboard, I suggest the Razer Mamba and Razer Lycosa, however, if you're into mechanical keyboards, then the Razer Blackwidow

For a headset, try checking out the Razer Megalodon
!