Fans spin for 1 sec after power switched on then stop.

alcopaulic

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I've done some research on the subject already, the background is this: The PC in question is an emachines t2984. Typical issue with this PC is the power supply goes and takes the motherboard with it. Which is what happened. I bought a new PS, found a "new" INTEL D845GVSRL mobo for cheap. Switched everything over, turned it on. It booted windows, asked me to activate windows, in which i started to research that on my other pc, and then the emachines shut down. Now I can turn the switch on, fans try to start and spin, and nothing. Disconnected everything but main power, fan power, and ram. Still nothing. Tried mobo out of case to check for short on case, nothing. I thought it might be an overheating issue so i took the chip and heatsink off one more time, cleaned them up good, re-applied thermal compound, and still nothing. Can I check anything? Did something fry? Any suggestions would help alot.

alcopaulic

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Thank you for the welcome, although i've been lurking here unregistered for a while now. I did buy a new PSU though, i think i might have typed "PS" in my orginal post, but no new power switch was bought, just a new power supply and motherboard.