TRIM Support on Z77 RAID 0

wax147

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
i am wondering how to enable trim support on a z77 motherboard if i make a dual ssd raid 0 and how to be sure it is enabled.

my specs are on the signature

im not so good with drivers and firmware stuff so be gentle with me

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

pd: this is my first post :d

edit1: signature seems to not be showing so here are my specs

Motherboard: MSI Z77A GD65
CPU: i7 3770k No-OC(atm)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
Memory: G-SKILL Ripjaws X 2x8GB 1866
Storage: 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128gb
Case: Corsair C70 Gunmetal Black

wax147

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

series 7 intel chipsets do have trim support in raid trough a driver or firmware update something like that. I think it is RST driver or firnware I just donw know how to set it up and aas looking for someone who could enlighten me.
any help is appreciated

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
WOW You're right, i've learned something today, thanks !! Now for your problem, you need V11 or higher of the intel rapid storage and a Z77 chipset

So download V11.6 here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21852

Restart, Put your Motherboard SATA to RAID, Install the drivers, restart and all the settings will be in a control panel in your taskbar (it take 30 seconds to launch so wait a little) Then you'll see you RAID array in there and all the settings you have will be here (just click on the array)

**Read the instructions on the intel website i've just linked... If you don't have floppy, copy this to a usb key and start from the usb key