How to run Mods

Last response: in Video Games
August 22, 2004 1:49:52 AM

Hi,

I just downloaded the Alien Swarm and Red Orchestra mods and ran their
install programs. It created a subdirectory for each one in my UT2004
directory but can't figure out how to play them.

How do I play them?

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

More about : run mods

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 5:44:12 PM

"pw" <***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the Alien Swarm and Red Orchestra mods and ran their
> install programs. It created a subdirectory for each one in my UT2004
> directory but can't figure out how to play them.
>
> How do I play them?
>

> -pw
> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

Just start UT2004 and click on community, then press the tab 'user mods'.
Select the mod you want to play and press activate.

Wolf 5
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 1:30:29 AM

>"pw" <***paulwilliamson@***spamcop.net> schreef in bericht
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just downloaded the Alien Swarm and Red Orchestra mods and ran their
>> install programs. It created a subdirectory for each one in my UT2004
>> directory but can't figure out how to play them.
>>
>> How do I play them?
>>

>> -pw
>> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
>> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)
>
>Just start UT2004 and click on community, then press the tab 'user mods'.
>Select the mod you want to play and press activate.
>
>Wolf 5

Thank you!

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)
August 26, 2004 10:26:05 PM

Is there a command line option that can be used to go straight to a
particular mod, rahter than wauit for UT to load and then the mod?
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 10:33:09 PM

"xrrr" <spam_is_a_pain_in_the_@rse.com> wrote in message
> Is there a command line option that can be used to go straight to a
> particular mod, rahter than wauit for UT to load and then the mod?

For Alien Swarm in particular, I found a specific shortcut in my start menu.
Looking through my UT directory, I notice that each Mod had its own .bat
file or .exe file for starting it up directly.

So I guess the command is:
ut2004.exe -mod=<the directory name where the mod is installed>

e.g.

ut2004.exe -mod=Troopers
ut2004.exe -mod=AirBuccaneers
!