Sign in with
Your question

No bios, not anything

Last response: in Systems
November 4, 2010 2:39:32 AM

First off, I've been through the checklist several times as well as a bunch of other sites to no avail.
system specs:
EVGA P55 V SLI PhysX Ready Intel LGA1156 MB
Intel Core i7-860 2.8Ghz 8M LGA1156 CPU
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB PCIe DDR5 DVI / HDMI
OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC10666 1333MHZ 4096MB
Seagate 1TB LP Serial ATA HD 5900/32MB/SATA-3G
Lite ON 24X DVDRW SATA OEM
Ultra LSP550 550w Power Supply
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm fan CPU Cooler

This is my first build, but I have upgraded some parts in other computers.
OK, so when I attemp to power up the computer, nothing happens. No fans, no bios or any beeps. The only life I can see of any kind is a 5v_LED light on the motherboard itself.
I've tried everything I can think of and everything relating to my problem I could find on the internet, including making sure everything is properly connected. I also tried breadboarding it with various componets in or out.

Could my motherboard or CPU be dead?

Is my PSU too low or could it be dead as well?

Thanks in advance for the help!

More about : bios

November 4, 2010 2:35:30 PM

As I mentioned, I've been through that checklist several times.
m
l
Related resources
November 4, 2010 9:29:24 PM

Darn, do you have other components to try? If you mobo has a onboard video chip try removing your 5770 (good card btw) it could be the problem.
m
l
November 6, 2010 6:57:33 PM

Yeah, I've tried just about evey possible configuration in and out of the case. I'm pretty sure the mobo was just DOA, I read several reviews in which others received defective ones as well. I'm sending it back to EVGA, so hopefully this fixes it. Also, I took every precaution regarding static so I'm sure I didn't damage it.
m
l
November 6, 2010 7:08:52 PM

Cool i hope it works out for you. Did you buy it from newegg? I usually look at the negative vs positive reviews and how many people say that theirs is arriving DOA. When i ordered my original setup nothing was DOA.
m
l
November 8, 2010 3:10:07 AM

I ordered from tigerdirect.com. The mobo was part of a package deal, with cpu, case, ram, and psu so I got it a lil cheaper. Guess I get what I pay for.
m
l
November 8, 2010 1:15:24 PM

I stayed away from combos, next time you buy you should check out newegg. And even before that probably do a bunch of research and reading about what your going to buy. I spent hours just making sure reviews of what i was going to buy were good. EVGA should be helpful, their customer service is usually pretty good (i bought a ol 8800GTS from them for a friend and it wasn't working, they got me a new one in a couple days).
m
l
!