Omg, so old i can not update.

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 4, 2010 7:37:40 AM

So. i need to start from scratch. this computer is using a celuron and a motherboard for the life of me i can not find out what it is, i have even went so far as to open it up and look for serial codes.

i am trying to do this for a friend and i build my last computer but i spent over 1k on it.

This one is only use for emails and internet so on, so no graphics card is needed and i just want it to boot fast.
here is what this one has

2 gig of DDR ram
celeron cpu 2.8 Ghz

Thats about it really....

can any one tell me some good parts to start from scratch?

like what is a decently priced motherboard and cpu i can start from there. i do not want to re use these parts as they are pretty much dead any way.

More about : omg update

November 4, 2010 8:36:09 AM

Thanks allot both of you :)  i will check out gregs speck and also post that
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b V Motherboard
November 4, 2010 8:41:12 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 4, 2010 10:42:35 AM

Quote:
This one is only use for emails and internet so on, so no graphics card is needed and i just want it to boot fast.

Rana 44x
2-4GB DDR3
IGP AM3 chipset i.e 785G/880G
entry level 80+ PSU 380-500W
500GB-1TB SATA Hdd
SATA DVDRW

good to go
m
l
November 4, 2010 1:07:05 PM

unifx26 said:

2 gig of DDR ram
celeron cpu 2.8 Ghz

Thats about it really....

can any one tell me some good parts to start from scratch?

Other than adding some more RAM I don't see why this would be so bad just for getting email and surfing the net if that is in fact all you will use it for. Just put more RAM, install a clean OS and set up your email and internet clients, a good anitivirus and firewall and don't install a bunch of crap on it.

If you want to make it a littler hotter install a faster Intel CPU based on the chipset you can find through CPU-Z or some utility like that.

Not sure why some folks are recommending a quadcore gaming machine for email and surfing the net?
m
l