Omg, so old i can not update.

unifx26

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
So. i need to start from scratch. this computer is using a celuron and a motherboard for the life of me i can not find out what it is, i have even went so far as to open it up and look for serial codes.

i am trying to do this for a friend and i build my last computer but i spent over 1k on it.

This one is only use for emails and internet so on, so no graphics card is needed and i just want it to boot fast.
here is what this one has

2 gig of DDR ram
celeron cpu 2.8 Ghz

Thats about it really....

can any one tell me some good parts to start from scratch?

like what is a decently priced motherboard and cpu i can start from there. i do not want to re use these parts as they are pretty much dead any way.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

Other than adding some more RAM I don't see why this would be so bad just for getting email and surfing the net if that is in fact all you will use it for. Just put more RAM, install a clean OS and set up your email and internet clients, a good anitivirus and firewall and don't install a bunch of crap on it.

If you want to make it a littler hotter install a faster Intel CPU based on the chipset you can find through CPU-Z or some utility like that.

Not sure why some folks are recommending a quadcore gaming machine for email and surfing the net?