Help, Wireless network connection cannot connect.

ahiung

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Hello,

I checked everything.
Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter were installed properly. and it says working properly(in fact it's not)

My other Notebook and iPod can connect this "wireless connection".
but this one says "no wireless connection is connected"

I did Uninstall the driver, reboot and reinstall. still happen.

I tried to match the setting between my Notebook and this one.still error.

i tried every method that i found in google. still error.

I Tried manually add the SSID,etc. still error.

Please, anyone know this disease?

My Laptop is BenQ Joybook s42

G

Is the adapter detecting the network ?

See what happens if you disable wireless security in the router temporarily.

ahiung

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Is the adapter detecting the network ?

See what happens if you disable wireless security in the router temporarily.

No, the adapter is not detecting any network from anywhere (even at Starbucks free wireless internet, or any free hotspot area), i live in an apartment that have Wi-Fi.
The conclusion is, even there is 10+ wireless networks surround me about 3 m far, still can't detect any.

about Disable wireless security in the router, i don't quite understand which, or exactly how to it? you mean, set the setting by default?

ahiung

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
btw, thanks for helping me.
these are my screenshots, if you, who helps me, need the other screenshots or information. i will.
http://img697.imageshack.us/i/38505218.jpg/
http://img64.imageshack.us/i/35064830.jpg/

G

"about Disable wireless security in the router, i don't quite understand which, or exactly how to it? you mean, set the setting by default?" Don't worry about that right now (for details see the literature which came with your wireless router).

Clearly the wireless adapter is present -- but appears not to be functioning. Consult the laptop manual for how to switch it on -- it may be a physical switch or an Fn key combination. If you are already certain that the adapter is switched on and the laptop is quite new, speak to the vendor or manufacturer.

ahiung

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Fihart, you're the best. I dont know this is a silly question or what. But you mentioned something about the manual. I don't have the manual book so i look for the pdf one on internet. I found it, i read it carefully. Guess what, i found the sentence "before using <fn>+<f12>,make sure you have slid the "wireless connection switch" to the "ON" possition.

I though the word "slid", wtf is that thing. So i check my laptop, and found something tiny on the left side it's like the lamp switch. When i switch it. Suddenly everything are back normal.

Wtf, because of this tiny thing, its pissed me off for about 3 mounths.

Thanks for helping me, this is a lesson for me to care about physical thing arround my laptop. LOL

God bless you

G

Don't worry, I was just having a laugh.

The fact is, there are computer engineers making a decent living driving out to customers' homes at $90 an hour and pushing the wireless ON switch.

TRENDING THREADS