I've read the post about deleating all drivers that won't be used when usuing an existing HD for a new MB, VGA, RAM, and will do this process before installing the new MB and parts. I'm sure there is some sequence of installing the new drives in the rebuild process - in the past 3 builds I always seem to get the computer running but with a bit of luck.
I will be usuing Vista 64 (unless you all think wdws 7 is a must upgrade???)
Can you direct me to a post the describes the correct driver install sequence or?
I'll get the builders WDW 7 and do a fresh install. Is there a software install checklist or should I just rely on the new Motherboard instructions:
Gigabyte X58 UD3R for $180. Decent middle of the road board for the high end gamer. Should be able to get a nice small 24X7 overclock without too much trouble. Future proof (well, as much as you can be) with SATA 6Gbs and USB 3 I/O specs. s.
1. Install Storage, SSD: OCZ Agility 2 60 GB drive for $138 is relatively fast. Upgrade after the prices come down.
2. Install operating system to SSD drive(will wdw7 automatically partition/format the SSD so my system restore works?)
3. Install MB drivers if needed (should I disconnect the automatic update and install from the MB CD?)
4. Install SSD drivers if needed (should I disconnect the automatic update and install from the SSD site if sent?)
5. Install Vidio card drivers if needed (should I disconnect the automatic update and install from the VGA site?)
6. Update WDW 7 online
8. Learn how to manage my 250 gig seagate hard drive to install all other items; clean format (not sure the best formating-need to read up in the HD section)
I'm sure somethings missing like will wdw7 work with vista office? The new office program should go in the 2nd 250 HD? Wow I better net anather HD to back all this up in the very near future.
I know it's a lot of questions but I only do this every 3 to 4 years.
Thank you all in advance! = Roadkill - used to play with Team Unreal