HP LaserJet printer making clunking noise

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
January 20, 2005 9:50:55 AM

HP Laser jet printer making a rhythmic clunk as it's printing Model is
HP Laser Jet 6p.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
January 20, 2005 12:32:54 PM

kabraw78@aol.com wrote:

> HP Laser jet printer making a rhythmic clunk as it's printing Model is
> HP Laser Jet 6p.

1) Not *nearly* enough info.
2) Wrong newsgroup!

Have a look at http://hp6p.notlong.com, in particular, the Support Forums.

Notan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
January 20, 2005 9:37:13 PM

On 20 Jan 2005 06:50:55 -0800, kabraw78@aol.com wrote:

>HP Laser jet printer making a rhythmic clunk as it's printing Model is
>HP Laser Jet 6p.

In Ink jets, this is usually due to dried-out lubrication on the
supporting metal slide-bar.

The HP website forum might offer some help - but it's been
incommunicado, all week.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome....

RL
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
January 20, 2005 9:58:24 PM

kabraw78@aol.com wrote:
> HP Laser jet printer making a rhythmic clunk as it's printing Model
> is HP Laser Jet 6p.

It's difficult to abswer your query as there are so many things it could be.

Pull the toner cartridge and make sure all of the drive sprockets are
properly fitted. Check the toner cartridge for foreign bodies. (I once found
a 6" long piece of plastic flashing sticking out of one of mine!).

Next thing to check would be the motor's drive sprockets and gear train.
This requires a partial disassembly of the machie and you can find
directions on the HP parts website: http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/

Some older HP LJ printers had a known problem with drive sprockets coming
adrift on their shafts and causing a "clunking" noise when printing.

Regards,

James
!