ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 Crossfire

TNBadBoy

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
I have found a bare bones Alienware m117x with the better lcd, I found a core i7 940MX, memory, DVD Burner, what I can't find is a Mobile Video card for it. Does anyone know where I can find the Radeon Mobility 5870 in single or in Crossfire? I also need to know if it will come with a heat sink compatable with the M17X case.

Thanks in advance.

TNBadBoy

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Ok, just a COUPLE of points here. One if I had wanted a 4870 I would have asked for it. I didn't, I wanted to find out where to buy a 5870 single or crossfire. Two and more importantly, the M17 R1. isn't compatible with the core i series cpu, that would be the M17X R2.

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but from now on, if you don't know the answer, PLEASE don't post a reply.

I am still looking for a 5870 single or crossfire for my laptop. If you have any REAL leads on it, PLEASE let me know. In case anyone didn't see it in the rest of the post, it is for an Alienware M17x R2.

I was a little confused because i didn't know your laptop's revision first and i know that you are looking for a 5870M.I posted about 4870 to let you know that it will work fine with M17x R1.
Anyway i couldn't find the 5870M anywhere, so ask about it in a "M17x users" forum like this
http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m17x/
And you'll probably find out where to buy it.