Gaming computer for around $1500

Al Capwn069

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Ok so I've been looking to build a gaming computer for a long time now and finally have enough money to start on my project. I have around $1500 dollars to spend, give or take, for just the computer itself, not including speakers monitor etc. I've been looking around the internet for help on what parts to buy to get the best computer for my money, and everyone says something completely different. I'm getting a little bit overwhelmed as this is my first project of this type and need some help on possible specs I could use. From what I've seen I'm leaning towards an intel i7 processor of some sort with a radeon graphics card...and at least 6gb DDR3 ram. And I'm kind of torn between the ASUS P6T, ASUS X58 Sabretooth, and EVGA X58 motherboards, as they all seem like great motherboards. Like I said this is my first computer building project, so any help would be appreciated. Full specs would be best if possible. Thanks!

Zenthar

Distinguished
I suggest you post this kind of request in the New Build forum and follow the template. Sorry to be an ass about this, but you will get much more people involved if you do that and you will have suggestions that are closer to your needs.

For that budget and unless you want to use more than 2 graphics card, X58 is pointless, go Sandy Bridge. Barebone specs would be something like:
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600
ASRock P67 Extreme4 + Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB
Intel Core i5-2500K + COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

Modifications can be made depending on your needs.

TRENDING THREADS