Sign in with
Your question

Samsung 840 doesn't boot up after cloning.

Last response: in Storage
February 14, 2013 11:01:09 PM

I just got the SSD today and am trying to replace my main hard drive with it.

All I did was clone the HDD to the SSD with the provided software (Samsung Data Migration) when i was instructed I disconnected the original HDD and replaced it with the SSD. When I turn the computer on it stops at the boot screen and this is what it shows.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jki3hfup70z54up/2013-02-14%20...
March 2, 2013 12:19:20 AM

jdmac01 said:
I just got the SSD today and am trying to replace my main hard drive with it.

All I did was clone the HDD to the SSD with the provided software (Samsung Data Migration) when i was instructed I disconnected the original HDD and replaced it with the SSD. When I turn the computer on it stops at the boot screen and this is what it shows.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jki3hfup70z54up/2013-02-14%20...

I have just done the same with the Samsung 840 ssd cloning with the migration software and putting it in my ASUS eee PC 1005HA running Win XP sp 3.

When it attempts to boot I get a flash of a blue screen, but cannot stop it long enough to see what it is, then I get the ASUS screen saying F2 to bios or tab etc.......

When I was researching the drive I came across some site that had info on settings, but damned f I can find it again, and I have done multiple google searches

cloned ssd will not boot win xp and variants.

I clicked your link and it was broken, was hoping the screen shot might be the same as mine and I could perhaps decipher what went wrong that it will not boot.

I did try to update the firmware on the ssd but it would not be recognised when plugged in via usb, so i figured, clone, install then update firmware. wrong. so if the solution is to update firmware, please advise how to do this using external cables plugged into usb port etc...

Thanks for anyhelp from anyone.
m
l
Related resources
!