• Graphics Cards
  • Games
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
September 15, 2010 9:26:06 AM

I have the choice of two motherboards with integrated graphics, and seeing as integrated graphics feature 'cards' from well before I can onto the scene I need help picking which one to buy.

The PC is a budget buy for my Mother, They don't play alot of games however my sister wants to be able to play the sims.. 3?

anyways here's the selection.

First Motherboard @ $99.00 NZD

Second Motherboard @ $95.00 NZD

They will be paired with THIS processor and THIS ram stick.

I don't expect it too be used for any intensive gaming, mostly internet and the basic games(Windows 7 Ultimate games)

I'm not sure of the DVD drive however I know the HDD will be a old IDE drive(80GB from Seagate I think...) and the case will likely be THIS one.

Thanks,
Joe.

More about : intergrated graphics

a c 189 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2010 10:00:27 AM

I can see the 2nd mobo, but not with the 1st one...
Score
Related resources
September 15, 2010 11:24:09 AM

I'm done with intergrated-

It's a great back up plan if your video card suddenly fails but a side from that a video cards the way to go. ( gaming wise of course )
Score
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2010 12:38:59 PM

decode said:
I have the choice of two motherboards with integrated graphics, and seeing as integrated graphics feature 'cards' from well before I can onto the scene I need help picking which one to buy.

The PC is a budget buy for my Mother, They don't play alot of games however my sister wants to be able to play the sims.. 3?

anyways here's the selection.

First Motherboard @ $99.00 NZD

Second Motherboard @ $95.00 NZD

They will be paired with THIS processor and THIS ram stick.

I don't expect it too be used for any intensive gaming, mostly internet and the basic games(Windows 7 Ultimate games)

I'm not sure of the DVD drive however I know the HDD will be a old IDE drive(80GB from Seagate I think...) and the case will likely be THIS one.

Thanks,
Joe.

Just pickup a cheap graphics card?
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2010 1:05:27 AM

If you hadn't noticed im going with New Zealand Pricing, I'll list the Mobo names and hope you can reconsider, I can't really afford another power supply and I don't think that generic one will suffice, PLUS I have to get a graphics card.

Keeping in mind that its for my mum who earns s*** all, and I'm contributing towards so cost, I also earn s*** all.

It's not a hardcore gaming machine, It's 95% productivity 5% light gaming....

First motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 AMD 780L uATX AMD Motherboard

Second motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M AMD AM3 NVIDIA Geforce 7025 DDR3 uATX Motherboard

Hope it help's you guys make a decision.

EDIT: upon review I saw some... crap cards, a 5450 or 4550 for $79.00 NZD, or a 210 for a bit more(it sucks and costs more so idc about it now)
.... anyways... the 5450 is meant to have REALLY low power consumption, and it may be suitable for my stock PSU with that case... however I really don't see any benefit in it.

~ Try to focus on whats a better integrated graphics solution on the above motherboards. however side notes on the graphics card solution would be appreciated.

The sites I use are usually Playtech.co.nz, However there is a site called pricespy.co.nz that gives me the cheapest prices in New Zealand.
Score
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2010 7:55:58 PM

Go with the first one...I play the sims 3 on integrated all the time...on my laptop, and it is weaks as it is the intel gma4500 chipset. Anyhow the 780L northbridge I believe that this board has the ATI 4200 onboard. So the first one is a plenty for what your asking.
Score
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2010 7:59:35 PM

altough if you want to run sims 3 on all high settings with no lag your gonna need at least a ATI 4670 or above...or nvidia equevilent
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 12:55:12 AM

lowjack989 said:
Go with the first one...I play the sims 3 on integrated all the time...on my laptop, and it is weaks as it is the intel gma4500 chipset. Anyhow the 780L northbridge I believe that this board has the ATI 4200 onboard. So the first one is a plenty for what your asking.

If you read the specifications from the site it stipulates Radeon 3000 graphics

..... Maziar? Jyjj?? mousemonkey? HELP!!!
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2010 1:21:36 AM

lowjack989 said:

It has a 3000 series GPU not a 4200.

@ OP, You are trying to make a choice between a turd and a dog egg and either way you're going to end up with crap. The Nvidia board with it's 7025 GPU will perform like a 6200 discrete card and the AMD board will probably be on par with a 2400 card. Why not get a really basic and cheap board with a cheap discrete card?
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 2:48:36 AM

Can't really afford it, So are you saying compare 2400 vs 7025??

My baby will get a nice 6xxx series, however seeing as this is just for mum, and there not hardcore gamers theres no necessity to buy anything better.

and If I was to buy better it would only be a 5450... which isn't a significant improvement sfaik
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2010 3:00:18 AM

decode said:
Can't really afford it, So are you saying compare 2400 vs 7025??

My baby will get a nice 6xxx series, however seeing as this is just for mum, and there not hardcore gamers theres no necessity to buy anything better.

and If I was to buy better it would only be a 5450... which isn't a significant improvement sfaik

That probably would be better actually, for one it would not be using any of the mobo's resources.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 3:03:51 AM

It would be better, but for $79 NZD is it worth it? I mean there only playing the sim3 at max, If they need to upgrade in future sure, Ill help out... But in the meanwhile I need to determine WHAT IS THE BETTER INTEGRATED GRAPHICS MOTHERBOARD

I know how good all the other graphics cards are, BUT I NEED AN OPINION ON THESE MOTHERBOARDS. if I thought they were going to be getting into hardcore gaming I'd buy them a 500w SS elements and a 5770, But in this case its just light gaming...

Oh dear god someone give me a straight answer for once ><
Score
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2010 3:06:45 AM

After having lived with Integrated Intel and VIA/S3 I will never go back to IGP ever again.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 3:13:40 AM

nforce4max...... your not helping, keep it on topic and GIVE ME STRAIGHT ANSWERS!!!
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2010 3:50:52 AM

decode said:
nforce4max...... your not helping, keep it on topic and GIVE ME STRAIGHT ANSWERS!!!

The straight answer is "stay away from IGP's as they are crap!", if you are going to do any gaming at all, no matter how basic, then get a discrete graphic card of some form.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 4:09:27 AM

Best answer selected by decode.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2010 4:12:51 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!