Computer puts out too much heat?!

liljone

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Hey everyone my computer makes my room a good 10F+ hotter then the rest of the house (Hottest room in the house) and I don't know which part of my computer making my room so hott!! I have a 500w thermaltake PSU and a Duo 2 e6700 CPU and a 250GTS video card putting out heat. If I can find out what the source of the heat I want to replace it with water cooling. Can't take this hot room anymore!

liljone

Distinguished
May 11, 2008

The PSU is hot to the touch, its cooled with 2 120mm fans. The video card vent gets hot to the touch only when playing PC games.

liljone

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
The amount of heat transferred away from the processor is proportional to the temperature difference between the processor's temperature and the air temperature inside the case. Your PC's case probably already has a case fan that draws air out of the case, and the power supply also has a fan that does that, so, if you want to reduce the temperature inside the case.

Thats a pc's cooling in short. Now the room where is it situated. Windows is it painted? Does it get direct sunlight between the hottest parts of the day. is it when its cold still the hottest room?

Clear windows, Yes it gets sunlight. Yes still very hot room well the rest of the house is freezing. NO windows on the PC case thou.