Is it bad to get bsod?

G

Is it bad or normal to get bsod when you overclock your new gpu for the first time and you dont know how far it can overclock? Also if u get bsod from overclocking but works after obviously does it ruin your system or anything in it?

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Well, in general, it's bad to receive BSODs. It simply means something is wrong. If you're getting BSODs when overclocking, that means it is not stable. Bring it back down a few clocks in order to keep it stable and avoid constand BSODs. BSODs, especially at a consistent occurrence, is never a good thing. It is possible to damage your GPU because clearly your GPU is not capable of running the set overclock that you keep encountering BSODs with.

G

Oh i see, because this was my first bsod with my new system that im hoping to keep for a long time. and it was a small overclock

G

Sorry for double post but has anyone ever even gotten a ruined system because of simply a graphics card overclock bsod?

G

Yeh thats what used to happen for my old system but i dunno why i got bsod for a small overclock :S I WASNT EVEN IN GAME :S

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
It might be a driver issue if you got a BSOD with a very slight overclock.

Also, there have been a few cases where people fried their motherboards due to a GPU overclock, but don't ask me for details about how that can happen.

G

Yeh i dunno also i best answered u by accidient, i was suppose to click reply but nevermind anyways Ummmmm Could it be just some random false positive bsod?

G

Hmmh, I dunno because before it did it My screen went full of artifacts even though i was just on my desktop then "BSOD"

G

I doubt its the PSU, as I have a Thermltake V3 Case and im using a Thermaltake 450W and doubht its motherboard for some reason.

P1010010.jpg