Update to Kodak DX6490 exposure problem

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 12, 2005 4:14:50 PM

On Dec 26/04, I posted a question about a problem I was having with my Kodak
DX6490 and underexposed pictures. The underexposures occurred when using the
on-camera flash and the lens adapter that Kodak manufactures for the DX6490
and DX7590. I had suspected that the rim of the adapter was blocking the
flash and creating a condition that would cause the underexposure. Since
that time I have been corresponding with Kodak's technical people as well as
a contributor to this newsgroup, Ron Baird. I have attached Ron's reply
that explains why this problem exists. Although there is no way to correct
this problem Ron has assured me that Kodak will be looking at possible
design changes to the adapter or future versions of the camera. Hopefully
I'm not in violation of any newsgroup rules by saying that I was more than
pleased with the way Kodak handled my concerns.