Sign in with
Your question

Asus BW-12B1ST blu-ray player shows up like a Audio CD with out a Disk

Last response: in Storage
February 15, 2013 7:15:01 PM

Hello,

So I just built a PC and installed the Asus BW-12B1ST blu-ray player. When there is no disc in the player the OS shows it like a Audio CD is in the drive. This causes problems with start up and with itunes and any auto run disc featuer in programs. I have uninstalled the drive and reinstalled it and that did nor fix it. Please Some one Help.

hoogal2
a c 122 G Storage
February 16, 2013 3:03:10 AM

When you uninstalled the drive did you reboot Windows without the drive in place? If not, try removing the drive and then rebooting Windows. After the startup has completed, shut down the computer, reinstall the drive and then reboot. If the problem persists, try going to Device Manager and uninstalling the drive there. When you reboot the drive should be recognized again. Let me know if none of this helps.
m
l
March 1, 2013 2:54:21 AM

I Solved the problem i need to update my bios and some out of dated drivers. Thanks for the help.
m
l
a c 122 G Storage
March 1, 2013 3:01:17 AM

Glad you found a solution and that it the drive is now working properly.
m
l
May 11, 2013 7:51:29 AM

Any chance you may have links to the appropriate drivers? I am having the same issues but no such luck. I am using ClickBios II Bios version 1.8. Updated drivers and firmware to the best of my ability and have removed/reinstalled/restarted numerous time to no avail.

Or am I possibly missing something obvious?
m
l
!