Can't access my C drive or download and save things.

CoreyMGrimard

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Hello, I have Windows 7 64-bit and I am the administrator on my computer but recently I am not able to open my C drive or download and save things. I never had a problem like this before. I have like no control. I can't run a system restore. A window pops-up and says : "Windows cannot access C:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose." I also look at the details and it says "Error code: 0x00704b3 The network path was either typed incorrectly, does not exsit, or the network provider is not currently available. Please try retyping the path or contact your network administrator. When I try to diagnose it it says: "An error occurred while troubleshooting: A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting. It says it has an error code and it is "0x80070005"

Please help me! I have no idea what to do.

Solution
Sounds like something maybe changed permissions on the drive, did you get a virus or play around with any settings?

It's hard to restore all the permissions back to how they were manually, try doing a Repair setup of Windows, that should set things up to defaults and not delete your files.
Sounds like something maybe changed permissions on the drive, did you get a virus or play around with any settings?

It's hard to restore all the permissions back to how they were manually, try doing a Repair setup of Windows, that should set things up to defaults and not delete your files.

Solution