Good gaming mouse?

My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so I'm going
to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's good for gaming?
It'd be nice if some people had suggestions for wireless and nonwireless
mice as well, haven't decided if the price of wireless is worth the benefit
yet.
9 answers Last reply
More about good gaming mouse
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so I'm
    > going to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's good for
    > gaming? It'd be nice if some people had suggestions for wireless and
    > nonwireless mice as well, haven't decided if the price of wireless is
    > worth the benefit yet.

    A 5 button mouse would be better as well (anyone use these without drivers?)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Schism enlightened us with:
    > My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so
    > I'm going to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's
    > good for gaming?

    I absolutely love my Logitech MX700 mouse. Wireless, optical with
    extra high resolution. You have to be right-handed, though, since it's
    shaped to a right-hand hand.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > Check out the BRAND new Mx1000 Logitech mouse...

    Looks nice... a little too expensive for my blood though.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > I had one & loved it. The next step up, the MX510 came on sale cheap a
    > couple of weeks ago so I upgraded. :) The extra buttons come in handy as I
    > now keep 3 extra weapons on buttons so I can call them up quickly without
    > using the keyboard. I was very happy with the MX500 before this & I'm even
    > happier with the 510. You can use ALL the extra buttons by assigning them
    > to do keystrokes but then you lose their scroll features in regular
    > Windows
    > applications.

    I don't really care about using the extra buttons in windows, only when
    gaming.. I assume the scroll wheel still works fine in windows however?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Am Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:21:27 -0500 schrieb Schism:

    > My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so I'm going
    > to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's good for gaming?
    > It'd be nice if some people had suggestions for wireless and nonwireless
    > mice as well, haven't decided if the price of wireless is worth the benefit
    > yet.

    I like:
    http://www.a4tech.de/products/wop_35.htm
    12 Euro 5 Button 2 Wheels (sorry Site in german)

    http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.asp?CID=1&SCID=8&MNO=WOP-35
    (english Site)
    hth
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    MeltDown wrote:
    > Schism enlightened us with:
    >> My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so
    >> I'm going to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's
    >> good for gaming?
    >
    > I absolutely love my Logitech MX700 mouse. Wireless, optical with
    > extra high resolution. You have to be right-handed, though, since it's
    > shaped to a right-hand hand.
    >
    > MeltDown

    Yup, the MX700 is a cracker.

    Tux
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Schism wrote:
    > My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so I'm going
    > to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's good for gaming?
    > It'd be nice if some people had suggestions for wireless and nonwireless
    > mice as well, haven't decided if the price of wireless is worth the benefit
    > yet.

    Logitech seems to be the consensus. I've an MX700, which I like. I don't
    mind the extra weight - it makes the mouse feel a little more solid and
    'nicer'. HOWEVER, my small disclaimer with this one would be that the
    incresed weight increases the friction ever so slightly, so for really
    REALLY fine work (photoshop pixel work etc.) and *very* occasionally
    aiming, it can 'stick' a little more than a lighter mouse, causing you
    to overshoot and/or miss.

    I would suggest taking a saunter down to your local (large-ish) computer
    shop - they often have one of those logitech 'racks' where you can test
    out the look & feel of the different mice.

    If you can't, and wouldn't worry about this, then I'd go MX700.
    Otherwise, I'd get an MX510. It's more sensitive (apparently) than the
    MX700 or MX500. Frankly, I think the MX700 is fine, so I think very few
    people would notice more sensitivity - if any. Thus, the 510 might be
    the way to go if you don't mind wires. Having a perma-messy desk, wires
    (esp. moving ones) are the bane of my life and I could never, ever go
    back to a corded mouse, but that's just me.

    From the look of it, the MX1000 won't provide any real gain other than
    a flashy illuminated battery sensor. If you're gonna have that, though,
    you might as well go the whole hog, and mod it with flourescent
    downlighting, a HUGE spoiler and 28" wheels. ;)

    --
    IWIK
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Following up my own post...

    Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote in

    > Nothing beats the good old MS Intellimouse Optical.

    I forgot to mention that I also have the MX-700, which is nice for
    everything but action games.

    -Dan Damouth
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > I new laser MX engine much diferent then the regular optical engine (20
    > times more accurate)completely redesigned side button, tilt wheel, 5.8
    > megapixels per second image processing over 4.7 of the MX700, new
    > ergonomical design (questionable here)... is that gain enought ??

    Looks like somebody might need a better keyboard.

    --
    IWIK

Wireless Gaming Mice Video Games