  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 26, 2004 4:21:27 AM

My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so I'm going
to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's good for gaming?
It'd be nice if some people had suggestions for wireless and nonwireless
mice as well, haven't decided if the price of wireless is worth the benefit
yet.

More about : good gaming mouse

August 26, 2004 4:27:04 AM

> My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so I'm
> going to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's good for
> gaming? It'd be nice if some people had suggestions for wireless and
> nonwireless mice as well, haven't decided if the price of wireless is
> worth the benefit yet.

A 5 button mouse would be better as well (anyone use these without drivers?)
August 26, 2004 1:46:58 PM

Schism enlightened us with:
> My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so
> I'm going to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's
> good for gaming?

I absolutely love my Logitech MX700 mouse. Wireless, optical with
extra high resolution. You have to be right-handed, though, since it's
shaped to a right-hand hand.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Related resources
August 26, 2004 3:43:37 PM

> Check out the BRAND new Mx1000 Logitech mouse...

Looks nice... a little too expensive for my blood though.
August 26, 2004 3:47:31 PM

> I had one & loved it. The next step up, the MX510 came on sale cheap a
> couple of weeks ago so I upgraded. :)  The extra buttons come in handy as I
> now keep 3 extra weapons on buttons so I can call them up quickly without
> using the keyboard. I was very happy with the MX500 before this & I'm even
> happier with the 510. You can use ALL the extra buttons by assigning them
> to do keystrokes but then you lose their scroll features in regular
> Windows
> applications.

I don't really care about using the extra buttons in windows, only when
gaming.. I assume the scroll wheel still works fine in windows however?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b 4 Gaming
August 26, 2004 11:34:03 PM

Am Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:21:27 -0500 schrieb Schism:

> My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so I'm going
> to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's good for gaming?
> It'd be nice if some people had suggestions for wireless and nonwireless
> mice as well, haven't decided if the price of wireless is worth the benefit
> yet.

I like:
http://www.a4tech.de/products/wop_35.htm
12 Euro 5 Button 2 Wheels (sorry Site in german)

http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.asp?CID=1&SCID=8&MNO=...
(english Site)
hth
August 26, 2004 11:59:16 PM

MeltDown wrote:
> Schism enlightened us with:
>> My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so
>> I'm going to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's
>> good for gaming?
>
> I absolutely love my Logitech MX700 mouse. Wireless, optical with
> extra high resolution. You have to be right-handed, though, since it's
> shaped to a right-hand hand.
>
> MeltDown

Yup, the MX700 is a cracker.

Tux
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b 4 Gaming
August 27, 2004 1:47:35 AM

Schism wrote:
> My current microsoft optical mouse right click button has died so I'm going
> to replace it, can anyone suggest good a good mouse that's good for gaming?
> It'd be nice if some people had suggestions for wireless and nonwireless
> mice as well, haven't decided if the price of wireless is worth the benefit
> yet.

Logitech seems to be the consensus. I've an MX700, which I like. I don't
mind the extra weight - it makes the mouse feel a little more solid and
'nicer'. HOWEVER, my small disclaimer with this one would be that the
incresed weight increases the friction ever so slightly, so for really
REALLY fine work (photoshop pixel work etc.) and *very* occasionally
aiming, it can 'stick' a little more than a lighter mouse, causing you
to overshoot and/or miss.

I would suggest taking a saunter down to your local (large-ish) computer
shop - they often have one of those logitech 'racks' where you can test
out the look & feel of the different mice.

If you can't, and wouldn't worry about this, then I'd go MX700.
Otherwise, I'd get an MX510. It's more sensitive (apparently) than the
MX700 or MX500. Frankly, I think the MX700 is fine, so I think very few
people would notice more sensitivity - if any. Thus, the 510 might be
the way to go if you don't mind wires. Having a perma-messy desk, wires
(esp. moving ones) are the bane of my life and I could never, ever go
back to a corded mouse, but that's just me.

From the look of it, the MX1000 won't provide any real gain other than
a flashy illuminated battery sensor. If you're gonna have that, though,
you might as well go the whole hog, and mod it with flourescent
downlighting, a HUGE spoiler and 28" wheels. ;)

--
IWIK
Anonymous

Following up my own post...

Daniel Damouth <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote in

> Nothing beats the good old MS Intellimouse Optical.

I forgot to mention that I also have the MX-700, which is nice for
everything but action games.

-Dan Damouth
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b 4 Gaming
August 28, 2004 10:49:34 PM

> I new laser MX engine much diferent then the regular optical engine (20
> times more accurate)completely redesigned side button, tilt wheel, 5.8
> megapixels per second image processing over 4.7 of the MX700, new
> ergonomical design (questionable here)... is that gain enought ??

Looks like somebody might need a better keyboard.

--
IWIK
!