Doom3klr

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Wonder if there any good? Read some improvements in the 5770 speed cool. Need better improvements in crysis and left for dead 1 though. And Amd needs to make a 1 driver install like Nvidia instead of having to download hdmi driver seperate.

Well the 10.9's are no better than the 10.8's, did a fresh install and jumped into a quickie BC2 battle and noticed that the load times were much longer than when I had the 10.4's installed.. reverting back to 10.4.. This is just ridiculous..

Google it, there are more than 30 threads full of complaints..

I don't understand why AMD releases a crap driver every month instead of a great driver every other moth like NV, makes no sense at all :fou:

notty22

Distinguished

They must have decided to cater to the lowest denominator for performance for sake of stability/compatibility. The performance complaints are probably up, but maybe all other forums with system problems is down ?

Yeah, AMD has been doing a $hitty job with their drivers for the past couple of releases. AMD needs to get to nVidia level in driver quality imo. I'm guessing this is why most people don't but ATI workstation cards....

I just don't understand why they cannot patch an existing driver correctly, its not like they are starting from scratch. How can they screw up a driver that was already working fine?

Sorry for the rant, but it's just a PITA to have such a wonderful GPU and not be able to get a decent driver. If NV can do it then AMD should be able to at least come close.

It just goes to prove that some people don't bother to read the first page of the forum but will quite happily make a post believing that they are the only or first person to discover something that has already been reported, that's what it (and you) are kind of proving.

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
I don't think I'm the first, but in a thread about Catalyst 10.9 I find that information pretty relevant, and in case someone wanting to know more about Catalyst 10.9 stumbling on to this thread it might be helpful.

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
I looked at the release notes and the only noted performance improvements are for Call of Pripyat and the Chronicles of Riddick.
I was hoping for Bad Company 2, Source based games, or UE3.

I hoped for the same but at least on my end it made things worse.

At least I have one good driver to work with, if not id be pulling my hair out by now :D

I actually lost a few frames in CoP using the 10.9's, hopefully AMD can get it right by next month. The 6xxx series is not going to perform as expected if AMD keeps skimping on the drivers.

Who are those people?

In my case the 10.4's are as stable as can be, no complaints at all, but the problem lies in the fact we should at least get 1 good driver every 3 months. AMD is releasing these drivers too quickly, I bet they are not even testing them on multiple platforms just to make sure they are good to go. Releasing a driver every month does not achieve anything if more than 50% of the users are having issues that should have been resolved months ago.

Oh there's been quite a few, TGGA was the last JDJ has never been onside with idea that the state of ATi drivers being a reason not to have one of their cards and I didn't even bother counting the amount of people who slagged me off earlier this year whenever I mentioned the GSOD issue or the Batman AA issue before that.

I really lawl at people who diss on ATI drivers, maybe they just were unlucky, IDK. But with my 10.8 etc. etc. Every time I've updated, No problems with there drivers at all, maybe it's because I install them correctly? Who knows, BTW Driver Sweeper ftw.

But the only thing about ATI drivers is they need to work on their crossfire drivers if any. If they get the perfection in that or their scaling to NV's level, I call win. Also I think the fail in there drivers has something to do with, ATI slowly (now not even called ATI) deteriorating in personnel. ALL in IMO