Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What happened to the blue Kingston HyperX SSDs?

Last response: in Storage
February 16, 2013 1:11:59 AM

There used to be two types of HyperX SSDs manufactured by Kingston Technology... The original blue one, and the cheaper black/3K version... The blue is no longer on the Kingston website. Any idea why?

Best solution

a c 540 G Storage
February 16, 2013 1:30:31 AM

The HyperX was discontinued and replaced by the HyperX 3K.

If you go to this link, click on "Solid-State Drives" under Step 1, and scroll to the bottom you will see a list of all discontinued Kingston SSDs: http://www.kingston.com/us/support/technical/search

SSD & HDD manufacturers discontinue models all the time when they introduce new models.
February 16, 2013 1:34:53 AM

Dereck47 said:
The HyperX was discontinued and replaced by the HyperX 3K.

If you go to this link, click on "Solid-State Drives" under Step 1, and scroll to the bottom you will see a list of all discontinued Kingston SSDs: http://www.kingston.com/us/support/technical/search

SSD & HDD manufacturers discontinue models all the time when they introduce new models.

WTH?? That version was just about a year old... Spent around $400 on the SH100S3/240G model! Hopefully there isn't something seriously wrong with that :( 
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
February 16, 2013 1:54:55 AM

It's really very normal... doesn't mean there's a problem. Tech advances and models get improved very quickly and there are other reasons, supply contracts etc. I'm pretty sure about everything but my PSU and case are discontinued and several of the parts are only a year old. Not really something to worry about.
m
l
February 16, 2013 2:13:14 AM

unksol said:
It's really very normal... doesn't mean there's a problem. Tech advances and models get improved very quickly and there are other reasons, supply contracts etc. I'm pretty sure about everything but my PSU and case are discontinued and several of the parts are only a year old. Not really something to worry about.

Hmm, I guess you're right. Thanks for the replies :) 
m
l
February 16, 2013 2:13:34 AM

Best answer selected by Rehman5000.
m
l
!