ASUS Sabertooth 990FX and Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

dvurpillat

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard soon so I can get one of the AMD Bulldozer processors.

While looking at the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX and Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, I noticed some people complaining about their memory not being compatible with the motherboards. I'm running 4x4GB of the GSkill Ripjaws Series model F3-12800CL9S-4BGRL. It's not listed as compatible memory with the motherboards.

Does anyone see any real problems with running this memory on either of the boards?

Also, I've got a water cooler (Corsair CWCh60). On the Sabertooth, it looks like there's not much room because of the new heat spreader around the processor. Will I still be able to use the water cooler if I go with the Sabertooth?

Thanks for any help!

jmilphoto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I have had issues with Crucial Ballistix DDR 1600. Aside from having to flash the BIOS to get my FX6100 to even be recognized by the board, (would not post) The ram would freeze the system. Ended up using some off brand PC Direct in Mishawaka, IN was selling. This is a tough board to work with!

Jeff

TRENDING THREADS