GeForce GTS 250 s-video

I have a 50ft S-Video cable I am trying to hook up from my desktop to my television. I am able to get a image on the television however it is jumping all over the place and is extremely fuzzy. I have connected the cable to my dvd play to verify the cable was not the issue. Perfectly clear image. I have also tried it over on linux (ubuntu) with the same results...image on the TV but still fuzzy and jumpy. I have also ensured there are no power lines running close to the svideo cable that would create interference. So issue is with the video card.....some setting i must be missing. I have a sony trinitron televsion.Thanks.
14 answers Last reply
More about geforce video
  1. Quote:
    I have a 50ft S-Video cable I am trying to hook up from my desktop to my television. I am able to get a image on the television however it is jumping all over the place and is extremely fuzzy. I have connected the cable to my dvd play to verify the cable was not the issue. Perfectly clear image. I have also tried it over on linux (ubuntu) with the same results...image on the TV but still fuzzy and jumpy. I have also ensured there are no power lines running close to the svideo cable that would create interference. So issue is with the video card.....some setting i must be missing. I have a sony trinitron televsion.Thanks.

I would also like to add that the svideo cable i am running is a 4 pin, where the connection on the back is a 7pin. Would that justify for the static/jumping?
  2. I would also like to add i have tried uninstalling/reinstalling old/new drivers for the video card with no results. This is very frustrating! I can see it on the tv it just keeps jumping all over the place and is extrememly fuzzy! I know the resolution on it isn't going to be all that great, but it should at least stay in one spot.
  3. Quote:
    I would also like to add that the svideo cable i am running is a 4 pin, where the connection on the back is a 7pin. Would that justify for the static/jumping?

S-Video or composite is only 2 pin, + and - via a single RCA.
  4. There is 4 pins and one black "box" pin..........Maybe only the +/- provide the information, just like a rj-45....but theres more than just two pins...regardless i doubt that is the issue behind my problem.
  5. So you are going 4 pin to 7 pin with no way of knowing what lines up and then wondering why it doesn't work?
  6. so you think b/c the connection on the video card is a 7pin and the s-video cable i am using is a 4 pin that is the problem? I have a converter I am going to give a shot now and see if that works.
  7. ok so that did help drastically. it resolved the horrible static that was appearing. now i have the problem where the colors are not staying the same though. its as if a white line continues to scroll up on the TV. i have tampered with the resolution settings with no success. any thoughts?

this is the converter i am using. currently the 7pin svideo is attached to the video card. and i have RCA going to the television.
  8. The yellow output is a composite, is that the RCA that you are using?
  9. that is correct. I just switched from the yellow, over to a monster s-svideo. it seems to be a little better that way in comparison to the "yellow" rca/composite . but im still having the stripe running up ever so slowly. im not looking to perfect clarity....reading text. i just wish to use it to watch netflix and hulu on.,
  10. The rolling stripe is due to no horizontal lock being present sometimes it can be cured by reducing the refresh rate, sometimes.
  11. im stuck at 60hz with no other options available on the nvidia control panel. any other ideas?
  12. You could try making your own lead using pins 1 (ground) and 4 (colour) or 2 (ground) and 3 (Luminance) if all pins are active that is.
  13. is there a write up on how to do that exactly? i only have experience making rj-45's using tools. would i need a crimper to do what you are talking about? or just splicing wire together? how would that differ from the converter i am currently using?
  14. A soldering iron, a handful of bare RCA's and some 2 core cable with a four pin DIN lead at one end would be required.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia TV Video Cable Graphics