Sign in with
Your question

GeForce GTS 250 s-video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
September 16, 2010 12:01:42 AM

I have a 50ft S-Video cable I am trying to hook up from my desktop to my television. I am able to get a image on the television however it is jumping all over the place and is extremely fuzzy. I have connected the cable to my dvd play to verify the cable was not the issue. Perfectly clear image. I have also tried it over on linux (ubuntu) with the same results...image on the TV but still fuzzy and jumpy. I have also ensured there are no power lines running close to the svideo cable that would create interference. So issue is with the video card.....some setting i must be missing. I have a sony trinitron televsion.Thanks.

More about : geforce gts 250 video

Anonymous
September 16, 2010 2:01:20 AM

Quote:
I have a 50ft S-Video cable I am trying to hook up from my desktop to my television. I am able to get a image on the television however it is jumping all over the place and is extremely fuzzy. I have connected the cable to my dvd play to verify the cable was not the issue. Perfectly clear image. I have also tried it over on linux (ubuntu) with the same results...image on the TV but still fuzzy and jumpy. I have also ensured there are no power lines running close to the svideo cable that would create interference. So issue is with the video card.....some setting i must be missing. I have a sony trinitron televsion.Thanks.

I would also like to add that the svideo cable i am running is a 4 pin, where the connection on the back is a 7pin. Would that justify for the static/jumping?
m
l
Anonymous
September 16, 2010 2:35:07 AM

I would also like to add i have tried uninstalling/reinstalling old/new drivers for the video card with no results. This is very frustrating! I can see it on the tv it just keeps jumping all over the place and is extrememly fuzzy! I know the resolution on it isn't going to be all that great, but it should at least stay in one spot.
m
l
Related resources
a c 171 Î Nvidia
September 16, 2010 3:31:54 AM

Quote:
I would also like to add that the svideo cable i am running is a 4 pin, where the connection on the back is a 7pin. Would that justify for the static/jumping?

S-Video or composite is only 2 pin, + and - via a single RCA.
m
l
Anonymous
September 16, 2010 3:44:17 AM

There is 4 pins and one black "box" pin..........Maybe only the +/- provide the information, just like a rj-45....but theres more than just two pins...regardless i doubt that is the issue behind my problem.
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
September 16, 2010 3:48:07 AM

So you are going 4 pin to 7 pin with no way of knowing what lines up and then wondering why it doesn't work?
m
l
Anonymous
September 16, 2010 3:54:22 AM

so you think b/c the connection on the video card is a 7pin and the s-video cable i am using is a 4 pin that is the problem? I have a converter I am going to give a shot now and see if that works.
m
l
Anonymous
September 16, 2010 4:15:02 AM

ok so that did help drastically. it resolved the horrible static that was appearing. now i have the problem where the colors are not staying the same though. its as if a white line continues to scroll up on the TV. i have tampered with the resolution settings with no success. any thoughts?

this is the converter i am using. currently the 7pin svideo is attached to the video card. and i have RCA going to the television.
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
September 16, 2010 4:26:50 AM

The yellow output is a composite, is that the RCA that you are using?
m
l
Anonymous
September 16, 2010 4:31:58 AM

that is correct. I just switched from the yellow, over to a monster s-svideo. it seems to be a little better that way in comparison to the "yellow" rca/composite . but im still having the stripe running up ever so slowly. im not looking to perfect clarity....reading text. i just wish to use it to watch netflix and hulu on.,
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
September 16, 2010 4:36:43 AM

The rolling stripe is due to no horizontal lock being present sometimes it can be cured by reducing the refresh rate, sometimes.
m
l
Anonymous
September 16, 2010 4:44:01 AM

im stuck at 60hz with no other options available on the nvidia control panel. any other ideas?
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
September 16, 2010 4:58:25 AM

You could try making your own lead using pins 1 (ground) and 4 (colour) or 2 (ground) and 3 (Luminance) if all pins are active that is.
m
l
Anonymous
September 16, 2010 5:17:42 AM

is there a write up on how to do that exactly? i only have experience making rj-45's using tools. would i need a crimper to do what you are talking about? or just splicing wire together? how would that differ from the converter i am currently using?
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
September 16, 2010 5:25:10 AM

A soldering iron, a handful of bare RCA's and some 2 core cable with a four pin DIN lead at one end would be required.
m
l
!