MemTest86 Errors (1367 of them)

mcgoater

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Ok, so i got a few BSOD's when running my comp through it's paces. After the first BSOD i un-overclocked it, it still bsod'ed once then i decided to trouble shoot it.

I ran Memtest86 and got 1367 errors within 20 min, the first pass finished with no other errors. I rebooted, uped the voltage to 1.55 ( was at 1.397, although, stock states proper operation at 1.35). 2 passes down and zero errors after the voltage increase.

Is everything good to go if i dont get any errors by leaving it on overnight and get good Prime95 tests tomorrow, of should i send the sticks back.

G. Skill DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 Low voltage ram
Phenom II x4 - 955
ASRock 870 mobo CF rdy
6870 Radeon
650 W Antec PSU

Set the voltage to 1.5V which is a normal number and let it run for about 5 passes, its common for the first few passes not to yield errors and for it to take 4 or five passes to get errors.

If you get ANY errors at 1.5V they are failing to operate anywhere near their specified range and i would RMA them.

mcgoater

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
I still got the same errors at 1.477 Volts ( strange values for voltage....) and that failed hard. I am re running 1.547 V (unable to choose 1.5 V) and seeing if that makes it 8 tests. If so i may keep them, considering that all else goes well too.

I am somewhat worried about the lifetime of the sticks if they all rdy can't live up to their stated specs tho.

Thank you for the comment by the way :) It was very helpful !

TRENDING THREADS