Monitor blanks many times...

warrior_osprey23

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
i have a rig bought last year and i have upgraded my graphic card and power supply. And it seems no problems at all. It works fine.
But a few weeks ago, i have encountered this problem. Once upon a time, i want to boot (start up) my PC. My monitor appears blank and it is stated (monitor goes to sleep). I tried to reboot many times, and this problem is unsolved. I tried to use another monitor and another monitor cable. Nothing have changed.
and my last option is to reopen and resit graphic card and my RAM on to its slot.. And my rig went fine like normal. Unfortunately, this problem happens several times a week. So, i have to redo this method again. I tried to consult my friends and techinician, they do not know what the problem is..
can i know what the problem is??? If there any solutions, it would be helpful.. Any suggestions would be nice...=)

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Sounds like something is constantly getting loose. Is your Graphics Card screwed onto the case? Try sitting the RAM in different slots. It might not even be a bad reseat and might be something faulty. What's your PSU and graphics card?

warrior_osprey23

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

yup..i screwed it tightly.
Intel Core 2 Quad
4 GB RAM
550W XIgmatek PSU
ASUS ENGTS250 IGB DK

What do you mean by 'something faulty'??
can u give me an example??..=)

warrior_osprey23

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

yup..i screwed it tightly.
Intel Core 2 Quad
4 GB RAM
550W XIgmatek PSU
ASUS ENGTS250 IGB DK

What do you mean by 'something faulty'??
can u give me an example??..=)