UT2003 dead?

So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for servers. I
find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003 dead?
6 answers Last reply
More about ut2003 dead
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Ook" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for
    > servers. I
    > find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003
    > dead?

    Try using a game browser like All Seeing Eye. It's 10.44 BST here and
    there are hundreds of players on. Granted they're mostly playing
    Onslaught mode though. Have you thought of upgrading to UT2004?
    The new Red Orchestra mod makes it worth while if nothing else.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Ook wrote:
    > So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for servers. I
    > find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003 dead?

    If you're using the in-game browser, check that your filter
    settings aren't too restrictive. There are indeed a lot of
    empty/bot only servers out there, but there are also many with
    players on them. UT2004 has rather taken over though, so you may
    want to consider getting it - you get everything that was in 2k3
    and a whole lot more.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:32:24 GMT, Steve
    <Screwball127@blueyonderDOT.coDOT.uk> wrote:

    >Ook wrote:
    >> So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for servers. I
    >> find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003 dead?
    >>

    >If you're using the in-game browser, check that your filter
    >settings aren't too restrictive. There are indeed a lot of
    >empty/bot only servers out there, but there are also many with
    >players on them. UT2004 has rather taken over though, so you may
    >want to consider getting it - you get everything that was in 2k3
    >and a whole lot more.

    Not to forget a $10 rebate... LOL... I think UT2003 buyers got
    burned...
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:47:40 GMT, "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"Ook" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for
    >> servers. I
    >> find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003
    >> dead?
    >>

    >Try using a game browser like All Seeing Eye.

    Isn't that a "warez" tool that shows what cracked servers are
    available??

    >It's 10.44 BST here and
    >there are hundreds of players on. Granted they're mostly playing
    >Onslaught mode though. Have you thought of upgrading to UT2004?
    >The new Red Orchestra mod makes it worth while if nothing else.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > How is UT2004 instagib any different than UT2003 instagib, after you
    > apply the patch?

    No boostdodge?

    --
    IWIK
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "count zero" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:47:40 GMT, "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Ook" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for
    >>> servers. I
    >>> find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003
    >>> dead?
    >>>

    >>Try using a game browser like All Seeing Eye.
    >
    > Isn't that a "warez" tool that shows what cracked servers are
    > available??

    It shows mostly legit servers, I haven't seen any crack servers but I'm sure
    they're out there.

    ---

Games Servers Video Games