UT2003 dead?

Last response: in Video Games
August 28, 2004 2:19:59 PM

So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for servers. I
find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003 dead?

More about : ut2003 dead

Anonymous
August 29, 2004 1:47:40 PM

"Ook" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for
> servers. I
> find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003
> dead?

Try using a game browser like All Seeing Eye. It's 10.44 BST here and
there are hundreds of players on. Granted they're mostly playing
Onslaught mode though. Have you thought of upgrading to UT2004?
The new Red Orchestra mod makes it worth while if nothing else.
August 29, 2004 2:32:24 PM

Ook wrote:
> So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for servers. I
> find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003 dead?

If you're using the in-game browser, check that your filter
settings aren't too restrictive. There are indeed a lot of
empty/bot only servers out there, but there are also many with
players on them. UT2004 has rather taken over though, so you may
want to consider getting it - you get everything that was in 2k3
and a whole lot more.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 5:26:44 PM

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:32:24 GMT, Steve
<Screwball127@blueyonderDOT.coDOT.uk> wrote:

>Ook wrote:
>> So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for servers. I
>> find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003 dead?
>>

>If you're using the in-game browser, check that your filter
>settings aren't too restrictive. There are indeed a lot of
>empty/bot only servers out there, but there are also many with
>players on them. UT2004 has rather taken over though, so you may
>want to consider getting it - you get everything that was in 2k3
>and a whole lot more.

Not to forget a $10 rebate... LOL... I think UT2003 buyers got
burned...
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 5:32:56 PM

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:47:40 GMT, "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Ook" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for
>> servers. I
>> find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003
>> dead?
>>

>Try using a game browser like All Seeing Eye.

Isn't that a "warez" tool that shows what cracked servers are
available??

>It's 10.44 BST here and
>there are hundreds of players on. Granted they're mostly playing
>Onslaught mode though. Have you thought of upgrading to UT2004?
>The new Red Orchestra mod makes it worth while if nothing else.
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 11:27:07 PM

> How is UT2004 instagib any different than UT2003 instagib, after you
> apply the patch?

No boostdodge?

--
IWIK
Anonymous

"count zero" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:47:40 GMT, "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Ook" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> So, I fire up UT2003 for the first time this year. I look for
>>> servers. I
>>> find servers. Empty servers, or servers with only bots. Is UT2003
>>> dead?
>>>

>>Try using a game browser like All Seeing Eye.
>
> Isn't that a "warez" tool that shows what cracked servers are
> available??

It shows mostly legit servers, I haven't seen any crack servers but I'm sure
they're out there.

---