Most important

sheriff12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
I am interested in buying a computer that can be used fot intense graphics and intense gaming. I want to make sure I get the best of both, so what I need to know is, what specs I should be looking for. I am an intermediate when it comes to computer knowledge. Most technical explanations I will be able to understand. I was considering 12GBs of RAM to start with. Is this enough? Also I would like to know the best manufacturer of each component. Thanks for any assisstance you can give.

Solution
what kind of intense graphical work do you wish to use the comp for?

as for gaming, you actually won't even need more than 4GB now a day, let alone 12GB.

Best manufacturer for the components to be used on your built:
CPU - Intel, definitely, I would personally recommend getting a i7-2600k or wait for IVY BRIDGE processors to come, as they will have more cores.

Graphics Card - if I were you, I would go with NVIDIA for this one, as they have CUDA, which many programs utilize

Ram - Corsair, G.Skill, Crucial, Kingston, etc.. Those are the highly recommended brands. Be sure that you get the high performance models with high MHZ and heatsinks

Motherboard: Asus, Gigabyte. Really, what else? They are the best overclockers

linh6496

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
what kind of intense graphical work do you wish to use the comp for?

as for gaming, you actually won't even need more than 4GB now a day, let alone 12GB.

Best manufacturer for the components to be used on your built:
CPU - Intel, definitely, I would personally recommend getting a i7-2600k or wait for IVY BRIDGE processors to come, as they will have more cores.

Graphics Card - if I were you, I would go with NVIDIA for this one, as they have CUDA, which many programs utilize

Ram - Corsair, G.Skill, Crucial, Kingston, etc.. Those are the highly recommended brands. Be sure that you get the high performance models with high MHZ and heatsinks

Motherboard: Asus, Gigabyte. Really, what else? They are the best overclockers

Solution