Nokia 6230 no longer offered?

JB

My Verizon contract is up in a month, and I plan on switching to Cingular.
I had my heart set on a Nokia 6230, but it's no longer listed on the
Cingular web site.

Is the phone still available in stores? Why isn't it available online? Is
something comparable going to be offered instead?

thanks!

jb

JB <jb_responses@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Is the phone still available in stores? Why isn't it
> available online? Is something comparable going to be
> offered instead?
>
> thanks!
>
> jb

I just noticed that today also. I've had mine for about a month
and love it. Bought it at a Cingular store (company owned kind).
And the lineup on the Cingular site has nothing comparable.
Except for the motorola v5 something, there's a big hole in that
middle range.

--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer

JB wrote:

> Is the phone still available in stores? Why isn't it available online? Is
> something comparable going to be offered instead?

I know the 6230i is due out about now. More memory, a few more features, &
(possibly?) more expensive. Perhaps Cingular is replacing the original
with the "i"?

Bill K

The 6230 is available through Amazon for -$50 after rebates with new
Cingular service.