CPU for Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder

dingdongbell070

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Hey everyone,

Im looking to build a computer that is going to be used only for Streaming live video using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder.

Price range for the build is approx. $500-$800 Not including a capture card, monitor, mouse keyboard and other accessories. That leaves around $200 - $300ish for the processor. I will consider spending more if there are huge advantages.

About 7 months ago I was looking at the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, is this still a good contender? I know a lot has changed in the past 7 months.

Thanks for your help,

Joel Bell

I suspect that 6 cores at 3GHz+ could be just a touch too much.

Also thinking that there is not a great deal of parallelism going on from multiple threads - anything beyond 2 cores is simply load-balancing. A 95w PhII/AthlonII quad - with a touch of under-volting - should be fine.

Probably benefit from 8GB (2 x 4GB) of Crucial ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333 and an Asus M4A79T Deluxe AM3 790FX

4 x PCIe Gen2 x16 slots at 8x should handle Eyefinity, and every capture card you want to throw at it. Good place to show off an SSD for the I/O and a couple Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB HDDs for capture.

dingdongbell070

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
You sure about that?

When I run it on a setup we currently have, its very CPU intense (70% usage on all cores in a Phenom II X6 1090T when encoding all our streams) and doesn't come close to touching the 4GB of ram we have in it. Am I missing something?

Also at this time were not capturing the stream to the hard drive with this computer its solely for live encoding, might look into that though with the SSD.

Thanks for the input I just want to make sure everyone totally understands what I need.

TRENDING THREADS