Quick gtx 470 question

tok_stinger

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
i just read the thread about the gtx 470s and best manufactures, and didnt see anything about pny.. can i get some opinions on that.. What do u think about the PNY GTX 470 b/c i was thinking about buyin

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0332959

i was gonna buy one off ebay, but there was no returns so i figured buy the one from there i can always return it if something is bad.

Second question.. prob stupid.. but all gtx 470s have "fermi" right.. im not really sure what it is.. i just know i want it LOL. i just saw some cards state that it does and some card descriptions and details dont state it, so...

Thx for the help in advance

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
PNY is a good brand, not the best, but never had a problem with them in the past.

Palit i would avoid, had 2x GTX 470s returned due to the fan blades being extremtly weak. 1 broke of in transit, the other whilst playing Starcraft II.

If you buy a GPU brand new, make isnt really in question as all come with warranty, more so than others - And again, it depends on how often you upgrade, i do every 2 years or so, so anything over 2 years warranty for me is pointless.

Also aswell, if you are looking at a factory OC'd GPU, it may come with 1 year warranty as standard, check before purchase.

notty22

Distinguished
PNY offers a limited lifetime warranty if registered within 30 days. Gimmick or not, they will offer you some compensation years from now if the card dies. You can't beat that imo.
I don't buy specifically to get a warranty, I choose by model for what appeals to me, but if I get the warranty its a added bonus.

tok_stinger

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Right right... so i mean for that price ... 269.99 plus 5.99 = 275.98 for a gtx 470, barring frys having a really good deal this weekend, i shud just buy that. Thats a good price for a gtx 470 right? i mean its prob not the cheapest i can get it for.. but its definitely isnt too expensive for that right?

TRENDING THREADS