CPU Fan Maxing with no video output

eiskaltnz

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Hello, I am currently helping my friend build his first computer and we are having issues getting it work.

The Specs:
CPU - i5 760
Motherboard - GA-P55A-UD3
RAM - Kingston ValueRAM - Memory - 4 GB : 2 x 2 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3 - 1333 MHz / PC3-10600 - CL9 - 1.5 V - unbuffered - non-ECC
CPU cooler - Stock
Video Card - HIS Radeon HD 5770
Power Supply - CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus RS-650-PCAR-E3 - Power supply ( internal ) - ATX12V 2.3 - AC 115/230 V - 650 Watt
Hard drive - Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ 1TB
Case - Raidmax Tornado - Tower

The Problem:
After putting it together we tried to boot and see if it was working we found no video output (DVI, HDMI and with the VGA adapter) with no avail. The CPU fan seems to be constantly maxing out at full speed when ever it is turned on. We have checked anything we could think about.
Graphics card works fine in his other computer (which normally uses Integrated Graphics so we cannot try another card at the moment), we have tried many variations of the RAM setup and different states of components being plugged in and out. We have also checked for broken pins on the CPU or other issues like that.

We are totally stumped here at the moment and any ideas will be tried and any kind of input will be appreciated.

Thanks.

jimmyzline

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
The Problem:
After putting it together we tried to boot and see if it was working we found no video output (DVI, HDMI and with the VGA adapter) with no avail. The CPU fan seems to be constantly maxing out at full speed when ever it is turned on. We have checked anything we could think about.
Graphics card works fine in his other computer (which normally uses Integrated Graphics so we cannot try another card at the moment), we have tried many variations of the RAM setup and different states of components being plugged in and out. We have also checked for broken pins on the CPU or other issues like that.

We are totally stumped here at the moment and any ideas will be tried and any kind of input will be appreciated.

Thanks.[/quotemsg]

It may seem like a dumb question, but is the 8-pin 12V ATX power connector in and fully seated? It would be the power connector just behind the i/o panel.

Take a look here and read through carefully: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

eiskaltnz

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
It may seem like a dumb question, but is the 8-pin 12V ATX power connector in and fully seated? It would be the power connector just behind the i/o panel.

Yeah, we have checked over all the power connections too many times to count. The first thing we did anytime we would make any changes.

eiskaltnz

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010

We have tried all 22 Steps with advancements (really good guide though).

Something I forgot to mention is that there is no beeping or sound output either.

jimmyzline

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010

PSU issue maybe?

Lutfij

Titan
Ok, no video could indicate that the rams haven't been seated properly. This may sound weird but i had a similar problem with my Asus Maximus III Formula. I had my rams seated in the black slots and I couldn't get display no matter what i did, I switched the slots onto the red (with some proper force to the locking mechanisms) and VOILA, display and boot.

No sound? have you connected the speaker pins properly?

Oh, Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

eiskaltnz

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Thanks for the help guys we do have sound coming out now and that has helped give us ideas.

The computer, when starting after being unplugged from the wall, will produce two sets of two beeps in quick succession. When it is turned on after that first start it only produces the a single set of the two beeps. The difference between the two is not being of much help but it has narrowed it down.

From the Manual: 2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error