SSD not effecting task as much as expected maybe theirs issue?

i have a crucial M4

Speeds I'm getting on my M4 (firmware 040H)
Seq 253.4 /165.8
512K 227.2 /163.4
4K 16.99 /29.37
4K QD 133.2 /94.21
test read/write (MB/s)

i got EHCI active in bios
I'm using a Biostar TA880GB+ mobo with a Athlon 2 Rana 450, 16GB 1333 ripjaw ram, and a XFX HD6770

i changed from a standard Hitachi 1TB

i hear alot that an SSD is jsut about the best upgrade that can be made and i was expecting alot of things change but most things have not changed at all, im thinking maybe i have a bottle neck tho i don't know exactly that's why i'm asking, maybe something is wrong

some things are like on most MMOs i play others will load before me , like on tera whats on my SSD i will load like 20% slower then people with a hdd and i dont believe its a net factor cues i have fios 65mbps with vary good connection, besides alotta other mmos being slower like league and such
another thing that has no net factor is image loading , i use FRAPs and save alot of game shots and the thumbs and images load way slower then expected, possibly even slower then when i had the Hitachi, i have a mix of BMP and PNG images , the BMPs around 3.5mb load incredibly slow, i'ld say about .5 sec per image
7 answers Last reply
More about effecting task expected issue
  1. Your 4K Write speeds seem low. Connect your SSD to port SATA1 and retest and see if your benchmark results improve.
  2. Dereck47 said:
    Your 4K Write speeds seem low. Connect your SSD to port SATA1 and retest and see if your benchmark results improve.

sorry late reply , by port sata1 i assume you mean the 1st port i have for sata , its already on that one
  3. no one has any ideas on this ?
  4. Bad News! :(

Your Biostar TA880+ motherboard is an older motherboard that does not support SATA 3 6Gb/s ssd's. The motherboard only supports SATA 2 3Gb/s ssd's. You are limited to SATA 2 3Gb/s performance.

Your sequential read is right on the target for SATA2 3Gb's performance. Sequential write is a bit low.
  5. I asked some body about the sata 3 and the sata 2 thing before and i was told that their shouldn't be a large difference in performance, but i guess i'll have wait till i get another board then
  6. What the person meant was that when actually using a computer in the real world a typical consumer usually does not notice any difference in performance between a SATA 2 and a SATA 3 ssd unless that person is doing heavy duty professional work with huge data files. A typical home user would have to run a synthetic benchmark to be able to measure any difference between the two.
  7. well ok i seem, thanks for the information, i still feel what i'm getting is less then expected but i guess i cant say much about it entill i get something with newer ports, it'll still be frustrating loading in after others tho till then
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage