Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Light
  • LCD Monitor
  • HP Pavilion
Last response: in CPUs
January 31, 2011 9:09:10 PM

Hello,
I had a problem of lcd back light not functioning the lcd panel was ok so I disassembled the display to fix the problem, I found out the a wire in the harness was broken, however, during testing I inadvertently shorted two comparatively thick black wires on one end of the inverter plate cable connector, this shutdown the system and since then, it is running extremely slow, hard disk is too slow and I cant boot or install windows. The battery is charging and stays charged if it is out of the unit, if latched with the unit it gets discharged in a day or two, all other things are apparently okay. I request any help what could be the possible problem, in which module. LCD panel is ok except the light which is not not working at all. I can see the lcd with bright light.

More about : pavilion dv4

a b à CPUs
February 1, 2011 2:39:20 PM

You could have possibly shorted out something on the motherboard. You should NEVER operate on live electrical wires, and NEVER operate on a system while it is on (common sense).

That aside it sounds like you did some permanent damage to your motherboard, which will need to be replaced, in addition to that you will need to replace your LCD inverter or LCD panel depending on the damage.

This will probably cost you 300-400 USD if you do it yourself.
m
l
February 8, 2011 6:12:39 PM

Very true, as a last resort, I plan to check out what has been damaged, when I get time.
Thanks for the reply.
m
l
Related resources
February 11, 2011 7:06:35 AM

No, I had assembled it back when it was not working, so I have to disassemble it again, keyboard, lcd panel, hd, lan..... I have a couple of projects which need more attention so after this is over I shall look into this. I I am lucky to fix it. Else I may have to buy another laptop for my work.
m
l
February 11, 2011 7:06:56 AM

No, I had assembled it back when it was not working, so I have to disassemble it again, keyboard, lcd panel, hd, lan..... I have a couple of projects which need more attention so after this is over I shall look into this. I I am lucky to fix it. Else I may have to buy another laptop for my work.
m
l
!