5770 @ 1080p good?

i was wondering if the 5770 would handle many games at 1920*1080 in medium-high?
17 answers Last reply
More about 5770 1080p good
  1. Like wa1 said,yes it can.But if haven't bought it yet,then consider a GTX 460 instead.
  2. Maziar said:
    Like wa1 said,yes it can.But if haven't bought it yet,then consider a GTX 460 instead.

    Yea, if you plan on spending 70-90$ more.
    Will the 460 give you better framerates? Definately, but it still costs more for average gamers.
  3. With the ATI 6000 series almost getting released, shouldn't it be wiser to wait for another month or two and buy a HD6770?
  4. and what would be the releasing price of the hd6770?
  5. adderly said:
    and what would be the releasing price of the hd6770?


    I'm not sure, but it is rumoured around 150-180euro. If these rumours are true, no one knows.
  6. LtStrike said:
    With the ATI 6000 series almost getting released, shouldn't it be wiser to wait for another month or two and buy a HD6770?

    Then he'll keep waiting for the 500 Nvidia series to be released to compare the 6000's with Nvidia's 500's.
    For all we know the 6770 could be 250$ and be slightly better than a 460. So he has a choice, a 5770 or a 460.
    Really though he can wait if he wants >.>
  7. ok. you have a point... but what if i get 2x5770... would it worth it for the framerate?
  8. dalta centauri said:
    Then he'll keep waiting for the 500 Nvidia series to be released to compare the 6000's with Nvidia's 500's.
    For all we know the 6770 could be 250$ and be slightly better than a 460. So he has a choice, a 5770 or a 460.
    Really though he can wait if he wants >.>


    True.
  9. adderly said:
    ok. you have a point... but what if i get 2x5770... would it worth it for the framerate?


    If you are going to spend that much money you might as well get a 5850 at 280.00$ shipped.

    I would just wait, the 6xxx series should be out in a month or so. You will have more options and better prices ;)
  10. adderly said:
    ok. you have a point... but what if i get 2x5770... would it worth it for the framerate?

    You'd be getting about the same framerates of a 5850, maybe better.
    It isn't worth it, either go for a 5850 in which you could crossfire later, or get a 460.
  11. Wait for the 6000 series. I have to ask, does your motherboard support crossfire or SLI? Or even 2 video cards? Do you plan on changing it?
  12. well... i got a shitty mobo, but i suppose i'll have to change it one day... if i want cross fire... but the thing is that i don't have a Vcard right now... so im fighting with integrated grafics at 1080p(which make my pc really slow)... soo... i can{t wait that long.... but idk.... :(
  13. well but prices might drop when 6xxx series come out right? of the 5xxx series...
  14. adderly said:
    well but prices might drop when 6xxx series come out right? of the 5xxx series...


    Yes prices will drop, and you will have more options to choose from. With the money saved you can upgrade the board if needed ;)

    When the 460 launched the 5770 went from 170.00/180.00$ to 130.00/140.00$.
  15. nice!!!... i'll just have to wait a month... ummm... interesting, that means that the 5850 will drop and so the gtx 460... well guys you have convinced me... wait wait!!!
  16. Well if you want to wait you can buy anything,because there is always something new around the corner.
    That's my opinion though,everyone have different thoughts.A card like
    GTX 460/HD5850 can handle all games fine on your resolution.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics