With the ATI 6000 series almost getting released, shouldn't it be wiser to wait for another month or two and buy a HD6770?
Then he'll keep waiting for the 500 Nvidia series to be released to compare the 6000's with Nvidia's 500's.
For all we know the 6770 could be 250$ and be slightly better than a 460. So he has a choice, a 5770 or a 460.
Really though he can wait if he wants >.>