Corsair dominator & asrock z68 Fatal1ty Compatability

lilswee

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Hello gentle men,

I am planning to build a new WS with i7 2600k along with mobo asrock z68 fatality but I would like to know if (Dominator® with DHX Pro Connector and Airflow II Fan — 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMP16GX3M4A1600C9)) woud work with my mobo . Do you guys have any suggestions
Thnxs

lilswee

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011

G

You made the right choice with your mobo. I also used the same mobo that you mentioned . I actually like the Fatal1ty mobo a lot better than my previous mobo (Asus Maximus IV Extreme P67). Never got any problems with it so far since I got it about 3 week ago (my 1st ASRock mobo). It can easily be overclocked to 4.8 GHz (stable). The mobo has (6) SATA ports (Intel) that supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, Intel SRT, AHCI & hot plug functions. But there's only (2) SATA3 ports out of the (6) SATA ports that support RAID. The other (4) SATA ports that support RAID are SATA2 ports. There's also (4) other SATA3 ports (ASMedia) but those ports doesn't support RAID.

I just bought few days ago a Crucial M4 128 Gb SSD & so far it's running fast in one of the SATA3 port (Intel). I'm planning to buy another Crucial M4 128 Gb SSD next week for me to run a RAID 0 set up. My advice for you is to spend on SSD. A single 128 Gb is the sweet spot if you want to start using SSD (than running it as a cache drive). Even if you run multiple RAID arrays on an HDD it still run slow compared to an SSD.

As far as RAM, I used (4) Corsair Vengence Dual Channel DDR3 Memory (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9) 1866 MHz/16 Gb without any problems. There's plenty of cheaper RAM to choose now for a Sandy Bridge set up so it's really up to you.

As far a PSU, I'll probably suggest for you to start looking for a 1,000 watts PSU or higher if you're thinking of overclocking in the future.

lilswee

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Thanxs for the Quick reply Cheaptrick it really helps. I will update soon after I decide till then rockon