Will this system run games at close to or at max settings?

G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850
AMD Phenom II x4 970 3.5GHZ

Monitor is an ASUS 23" VH236H
OS is Windows 7 Home Premium
Case is a Cooler Master Storm Scout

Also, on a side note, will the stock CPU fan work for a possible 3.8ghz OC? If not, then what Fan/Heatsink/Liquid Cooling should i get?(If stock fan is loud, suggest an upgrade please! I want a quiet machine!)
3 answers Last reply
More about will system games close settings
  1. looks good for stats. You'll want an aftermarket hsf for a 3.8 ghz overclock. I'll suggest a Kingwin XT-1264, its already AMD ready, very chilly, and fairly quiet
  2. First get rid of 8gb, get 4gb of ram instead. You wont notice any difference between the two in gameplay.

With that saved money get a 6870 (i think you meant 6850), which will max out all games and last you for a while.

If your planning on ocing get the 955 instead of the 970 as its the same chip but just different factory clock speeds. Get a $30 hyper 212+ for overclocking and you should be pretty good off.
  3. bavman said:
    First get rid of 8gb, get 4gb of ram instead. You wont notice any difference between the two in gameplay.

With that saved money get a 6870 (i think you meant 6850), which will max out all games and last you for a while.

If your planning on ocing get the 955 instead of the 970 as its the same chip but just different factory clock speeds. Get a $30 hyper 212+ for overclocking and you should be pretty good off.

I will want the 8gb, because I do quite a bit of multitasking. and yes, i meant the 6850.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems