Msi afterburner, sapphire radeon 5850?

What happens when you overclock via CCC? Use one program for OC'ing/Fan Control "Afterburner" and the other strictly for adjusting the AA/AF/v-sync "CCC" (Catalyst Control Center)... Also download GPU-Z so you can get a more accurate "real time" reading.

@jijoslin Bad link. Anyway, are you trying to change the MSIAfterburner.cfg script? You are supposed to open the MSIAfterburner.cfg with notepad. After doing that follow these steps.
(You have to be admin btw)
Right Click MSIAfterburner.cfg > Properties > Security > Click on "Users (Username\Users) or click on Administrators (Username\Administrators) > Click "Edit", the edit should be to change permissions > Allow your user or admin to be able to have the permissions to have "Full control", so in the end. Modify, Read & execute, Read, and Write should have a check beside it.

After all that is complete with the permissions you should click apply and OK. Next you have to open up MSIafterburner.cfg Then go to ATIADLHAL section. Look at "EnableUnofficialOverclocking" the number should be a 0, and that 0 change it to a 1. Save and exit. After that any OC's in Afterburner should be a sucessful apply.

@OvrClkr Haha, OvrClkr another change in picture?

jijoslin

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

Thanks for the info, it seems to work I can turn the sliders all the way up, however when I hit apply, my mouse freezes and my system locks up, is this because I have other conflicting programs running? like ccc, or gpu clock tool, do u know how to fix this?

jijoslin

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

I understand that, however when I try even a modest overclock, say 10 percent or less it does the same thing, even in ccc I had it oc to 775/1125 with no problems, could this anomoly be because I'm using both crossfire bridges instead of the required one? thanks for your input!