Mobo for Sandybridge

hybr33d

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Hello all,

I am new here, please help me with my problem.

I am planning to equip my first build with a sandy bridge processor. However, I am worried about the issue of sandy bridge systems with the sata 2.0 ports. I have also heard that the sata 3.0 ports are not affected. And then i also heard that there are B3 revisions of the motherboards. I am not sure if it really fixed the issue because i cant find an article that confirms it.

Now i have the following options that i thought of. Please comment what you think about them.

1. I just buy a motherboard with a B3 revision. (i.e. Gigabyte P67-DS3-B3)
2. I buy a non-B3 motherboard and use only sata 3.0 ports (i.e. Asus P8P67-M Xfire/S/GL)
- i have also researched that P67 boards have 2 sata 3.0 ports and 4 sata 2.0 ports. In that case, i can use only the sata 3.0 ports since i will only be using 1 hard drive in my build and maybe a dvd drive if that requires to be connected to a sata port.

I am inclined with my option # 2. Please comment if its OK. I am just worried that I may not know everything I need to know and end up screwing up my build.

Thanks and best regards

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

any lga 1155 board will work for sandy bridge, but u have already bought a board, its fine it will work for u