It is impossible to download and I can not figure out how to update my bios, i have been stuck with the 0501 bios that was released in may. The 0706 was just released and this is seemingly impossible unless you are some sort of genius. Please help a newb out!
I'm still running 0501, and my system runs great. Is there any reason /not/ to update to 0706, or should I update?
Also, do I have to update sequentially through the 06 version, or can I just flash from 05 to 07?
Yes, I would recommend that you update. You may not have encountered a problem yet but it may still happen or you just don't realize that there is a problem.
P8Z68-V PRO 0706 BIOS will include all changes made in previous BIOS updates (in this case only 0606) so you only need to download and flash 0706.
0606 made the following changes:
1. Enable the support of Intel Rapid Storage Technology version 10.6.0.1002 Release
2. Improve DRAM compatibility
3. Improve System stability
4. Improve compatiblity with some Raid card model
5. Increase IGD share memory size to 512MB
0706 makes the following changes in addition to all of the changes made in 0606:
1. Fix FW54P PCI card compatibility issue
2. Fix the bug that the OEM activation version OS of window7 will hang at the "blue screen" if some graphics cards be installed in system.
3. Fix USB Keyboard 3R-FKB3010UBK can't work issue
4. Fix Microsoft V1 receiver can't work issue
5. Fix S3 can't resume if CPU PLL over voltage is enabled.
6. Fix the CPU and Chassis Fan speed will over the duty cycle setting range.
7. Fix CPU ratio always keep at lowest after S4 resume and AC power lost.
8. Improve DRAM compatibility.
9. Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLan...