PSU RECCOMENDATIONS

G

Hi im adding a new GPU to my system (5770) so i need to upgrade my psu from 350w to 450w+ so im planning on buying this Ace Outburst 550W PSU, and i just wondered what u guys think? is it ok?

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Patience, grasshopper...

First, some 350W PSUs are fully capable of running a system using an HD5770. So, what we really need is your PSU make/model, or if it's some generic brand, the ratings of it from the sticker on the side.

To make a proper recommendation, it helps to know more about the system itself - Specs, devices, USB devices, etc.

As for Ace Outburst... Never heard of it. Got a link directly to it, or are you expecting us to google it ourselves and do all the work?

G

All i really want to know is if the manufacturer is reliable.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Hey knotknut... Thanks? As I said earlier, I expect an OP to provide necessary info for a product they have concern about, not have to do legwork myself. I don't find asking someone to help themselves receive help an unreasonable request...

The PSU's specs look OK, but I can't find any reviews of any Ace PSUs, so it's impossible to gauge it's comparative quality. The 12V rails are a bit on the weak side, though... I'd have to guess this is a 550W peak/maximum output PSU, not a 550W continuous one. It's probably rated something along the lines of 400W continuous.

Does the place you intend to purchase it from have any further details? Perhaps a photo of the power ratings or customer reviews?

Without more info, I'd just seek out a more reputable brand. Antec, Corsair, SeaSonic, Silverstone, CoolerMaster, etc.