Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • GPUs
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 5:43:03 PM

Hi im adding a new GPU to my system (5770) so i need to upgrade my psu from 350w to 450w+ so im planning on buying this Ace Outburst 550W PSU, and i just wondered what u guys think? is it ok?

More about : psu reccomendations

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 6:33:48 PM

please answer!
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 7:01:16 PM

Patience, grasshopper...

First, some 350W PSUs are fully capable of running a system using an HD5770. So, what we really need is your PSU make/model, or if it's some generic brand, the ratings of it from the sticker on the side.

To make a proper recommendation, it helps to know more about the system itself - Specs, devices, USB devices, etc.

As for Ace Outburst... Never heard of it. Got a link directly to it, or are you expecting us to google it ourselves and do all the work?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 7:31:35 PM

RazberyBandit said:
Patience, grasshopper...

First, some 350W PSUs are fully capable of running a system using an HD5770. So, what we really need is your PSU make/model, or if it's some generic brand, the ratings of it from the sticker on the side.

To make a proper recommendation, it helps to know more about the system itself - Specs, devices, USB devices, etc.

As for Ace Outburst... Never heard of it. Got a link directly to it, or are you expecting us to google it ourselves and do all the work?

All i really want to know is if the manufacturer is reliable.
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 7:32:59 PM

Well I've never heard of them... Do they have a website? Any links to either the PSU or the company?
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 8:17:08 PM

Hey knotknut... Thanks? As I said earlier, I expect an OP to provide necessary info for a product they have concern about, not have to do legwork myself. I don't find asking someone to help themselves receive help an unreasonable request...

The PSU's specs look OK, but I can't find any reviews of any Ace PSUs, so it's impossible to gauge it's comparative quality. The 12V rails are a bit on the weak side, though... I'd have to guess this is a 550W peak/maximum output PSU, not a 550W continuous one. It's probably rated something along the lines of 400W continuous.

Does the place you intend to purchase it from have any further details? Perhaps a photo of the power ratings or customer reviews?

Without more info, I'd just seek out a more reputable brand. Antec, Corsair, SeaSonic, Silverstone, CoolerMaster, etc.
September 16, 2010 8:24:38 PM

Input voltage 220 ~ 230V

Is this what you have where you live?
a c 165 ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 8:29:03 PM

what 350w PSU do you have? The ATI 5770 is not very power demanding so the 550w will do the trick but like razer stated, your 350w may do the trick.
!