Replace CMOS Battery Toshiba Satellite pro a200

I need to temporarily remove the CMOS battery from my Toshiba Satellite Pro A200, to disable the BIOS password. I have removed all the screws from the base of the laptop and can ease the edges of the top cover of, but something is snagging and I don't want to force it. Where is the battery and how do I get to it?
Thanks - Steven Holloway - essaitch@gmail.com
3 answers Last reply
More about replace cmos battery toshiba satellite a200
  1. Hello, and welcome to THG.

First off, DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ON THE FORUMS. While I use caps, I strongly place emphasis on the security vulnerability you have created yourself.

As for the CMOS, have a technician look at it. If you want to do it yourself, make sure you have the proper screwdriver, work area, and Anti-Static equipment ready. Also, if you replace the CMOS back in the wrong configuration, you could screw up your firmware and your system.
  2. The CMOS battery is soldered to the motherboard, and it's about an inch away from the SATA hard drive connector, on the CPU side of the motherboard.
  3. This question is timeles--These cmos batteries are difficult to de-solder, and re-solder, so unless anyone looking this up is good at soldering-get someone who can solder small parts to do it. :hello:
Ask a new question

Read More

Battery CMOS Toshiba Components