Sign in with
Your question

Replace CMOS Battery Toshiba Satellite pro a200

Last response: in Components
February 1, 2011 12:25:49 PM

I need to temporarily remove the CMOS battery from my Toshiba Satellite Pro A200, to disable the BIOS password. I have removed all the screws from the base of the laptop and can ease the edges of the top cover of, but something is snagging and I don't want to force it. Where is the battery and how do I get to it?
Thanks - Steven Holloway - essaitch@gmail.com
February 2, 2011 1:02:35 AM

Hello, and welcome to THG.

First off, DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ON THE FORUMS. While I use caps, I strongly place emphasis on the security vulnerability you have created yourself.

As for the CMOS, have a technician look at it. If you want to do it yourself, make sure you have the proper screwdriver, work area, and Anti-Static equipment ready. Also, if you replace the CMOS back in the wrong configuration, you could screw up your firmware and your system.
February 2, 2011 1:52:54 AM

The CMOS battery is soldered to the motherboard, and it's about an inch away from the SATA hard drive connector, on the CPU side of the motherboard.
March 9, 2012 5:03:21 PM

This question is timeles--These cmos batteries are difficult to de-solder, and re-solder, so unless anyone looking this up is good at soldering-get someone who can solder small parts to do it. :hello: 
!