Sign in with
Your question

CrossFire setup with integrated graphics on motherboard

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 16, 2010 8:31:37 PM

Hello

I recently set up my own system with a Gigabyte 8800GA-UD3H with built-in integrated graphics. By habit, I accidentally purchased an additional low-end graphics card thinking there weren't any integrated graphics. Since the restocking fees make it pointless to return the card, I thought I would just run a low-end crossfire system on my computer. However, when I open catalyst control, it doesn't pick up my motherboard's GPU. I tried going into the bios and didn't find any feature to turn this feature active. From my understanding, catalyst control should automatically recognize the setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

More information

Motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

Graphics card:
http://shop.amd.com/US/_layouts/shop/ProductDetails.asp...
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2010 8:55:39 PM

hybrid crossfire is pretty useless and both AMD/Nvidia seem to want it to go away. The 4350 does not support it so that's where you have your issue but it's an excellent card in terms of power efficiency.

m
l
September 16, 2010 9:05:39 PM

Oh... I see. Even though both the integrated and discrete graphics cards support crossfire, they don't work together. It's unfortunate, but it makes sense as I had done everything such as reinstalling drivers, going into the bios, etc...

Should I take out the HD4350 and go with the integrated card? or keep both for now?

m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2010 9:09:17 PM

keep the 4350. its perfect for MS office use, streaming video, DVD playback, etc., It can even play flash based PC games and some older ones (pre-2004). A much better option then the mobo's chip.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2010 9:45:27 PM

IMO, definitely use the 4350 over integrated. Integrated, until SandyBridge comes out, is not good for much. The 4350 should offer a much better experience.
m
l
!