Windows 7 New Install - Setting up SLI

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Windows 7
  • SLI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 16, 2010 9:22:56 PM

I've built a new rig and was told by EVGA that I can install only one video card when loading Windows 7 for the first time because Windows 7 will only recognize one VC upon initial set up. Could somebody please confirm if this is true? I'm running water cooling with two GTX 480's and I'd prefer to not have to drain the system in order for me to install the second card after loading/setting up Windows 7.

Thanks!!

More about : windows install setting sli

a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2010 9:26:13 PM

This is true.

Sorry bud!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2010 9:26:40 PM

You COULD use another video card laying around, some cheapy GPU to just install Win 7 with.
m
l
Related resources
September 16, 2010 9:52:17 PM

My install of Windows 7 Professional went fine with 2 8800 GT's. Have you tried and gotten an error?
m
l
September 16, 2010 10:23:03 PM

Thanks for the input. I've recently been told that the EVGA Classified board that I have has a jumper that I can change to disable the slot, in addition to not plugging in the power cord. I think I'm going to try that first option. If anyone is reading this and wants an update on if it worked, let me know.
m
l
September 17, 2010 5:51:55 AM

I installed my system with 2 GTX 460's SLI in and powered on. Never heard that there could be something wrong with it. I had no issues.
m
l
!