1x80gb western digital sata
1x320gb western digital sata
pinnacle 7010ix tv tuner
Corsair CX400
hp 1035 dvd writer ide
lg HL-04P blu ray drive sata
four case fans
internal card reader

The problem is that when I install my vga card drivers and then i restart my pc, after that i can run blu-ray movies from my blu-ray drive. but once i restart my pc, then when i run a blu-ray movie, powerdvd or windvd both says that my drivers arent compatible. then if i reinstall my drivers, it works but then again till i restart my pc. this is quite annoying. apart from that i have no problems with my pc. a quick help is required please.

p.s. I have windows xp installed and i use anydvd to remove any locks on the movie.

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Sounds like a conflict between power dvd and win dvd. Why not uninstall one of those programs and just use one?

That's a lot of hardware for a 400w psu. I'm surprised it even runs.

I used a power supply calculator and entered all your hardware (no overclock on cpu) and added 10% for capacitor aging and 2 usb devices and it came up 439w.

It's a corsair, But yes I also agree that I'm suprised it runs.

Is your computer in a frozen state?

Maybe a fresh reinstall may alleviate this problem?

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Yeah I can read, it's a Corsair. Does that mean you run 439w worth of hardware (assuming he's not OC'ing anything) on a 400w psu as long as it's a Corsair?
Hi Guys
Sorry for a late reply.
I installed ati drivers 10.9 and this time it ran movies for like two or three restarts (system restarts i mean) and now it isnt running it. it gives the error that your drivers are not compatible. now if i reinstall it then both powerdvd and windvd will read it im sure.

as for windows i have reinstalled it. so im sure thats not an issue.

also as for weak psu i have tried my luck lol. i ran many games, not the latest though on full res and my system is working fine. the turbo boost feature is on apart from that i am not overclocking.

will try the device manager thingy. lets see what happens.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
ok guys well i overwritten the drivers through the device manager and the blu-ray movies are working currently. will restart the system and will come back soon. if u have any other suggestions, then u are most welcome. thanks

Yeah I can read, it's a Corsair. Does that mean you run 439w worth of hardware (assuming he's not OC'ing anything) on a 400w psu as long as it's a Corsair?
Actually yes because the rating for good brands like Corsair is for continuous usage. The numbers from the PSU calculators will be for peak output for ALL components at once. This is very unlikely to ever happen in real life but if it did for a short time his PSU should be able to handle it anyway. He might want to avoid, let's say, running Furmark, Prime 95, recording a show from the TV tuner onto one drive, while burning a dvd from a file on the other and watching a bluray all at once for extended periods but the 400cx should be ok otherwise I believe.

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Yes, now if it was a Hyena etc 400w I would be very concerned.

And no, it does not mean corsair ALWAYS performs above its rated state, it just means that when it does it can handle it unlike other PSU's...

I haven't tested, But I imagine Silverstone, Antec and OCZ? are comparable in this regards too...