ghostmob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
So will the next gen pci-e 3 upgrade everythings performance like new ram cards etc and are any out already if so can you link some from new egg looking to build a new computer

Solution
If I had a $1 for every PCIe 3.0 post...

The PCIe 3.0 would require: a NEW CPU i.e. Ivy Bridge, a NEW GPU 'worthy' of PCIe 3.0 and maybe the 'GTX 700/800' might even fully saturate the PCIe 2.0 x16 lanes - currently we're limited to GPU's that barely saturate PCIe 2.x x8 lanes and double or PCIe 3.0 x8 quadruple PCIe 3.0 x16 is ridicules to even think about -- maybe 5~7 years. Meaning PCIe 3.0 on only the GPU lanes is 'snake oil'. Where the PCIe 3.0 will benefit is from the Chipsets 'sharing' bandwidth and NOT the GPU. Oddly if you take a SINGLE GPU on ANY LGA 1155 + add Ivy Bridge + add GPU with PCIe 3.0 it will run PCIe 3.0 speeds on the 1st PCIe -- where PCIe 3.0 comes into play is for SWITCHING between (2) TWO or MORE GPUs.

PCIe...
If I had a $1 for every PCIe 3.0 post...

The PCIe 3.0 would require: a NEW CPU i.e. Ivy Bridge, a NEW GPU 'worthy' of PCIe 3.0 and maybe the 'GTX 700/800' might even fully saturate the PCIe 2.0 x16 lanes - currently we're limited to GPU's that barely saturate PCIe 2.x x8 lanes and double or PCIe 3.0 x8 quadruple PCIe 3.0 x16 is ridicules to even think about -- maybe 5~7 years. Meaning PCIe 3.0 on only the GPU lanes is 'snake oil'. Where the PCIe 3.0 will benefit is from the Chipsets 'sharing' bandwidth and NOT the GPU. Oddly if you take a SINGLE GPU on ANY LGA 1155 + add Ivy Bridge + add GPU with PCIe 3.0 it will run PCIe 3.0 speeds on the 1st PCIe -- where PCIe 3.0 comes into play is for SWITCHING between (2) TWO or MORE GPUs.

PCIe 3.0 will do zip/zero for the current GPUs - so the 'performance increases' on the next gen GPU's will have nothing to do with PCIe 2.1 vs PCIe 3.0 -- it will be because the NEW GPU simply is faster.

Solution